Valveaudio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In the old days, I was hypnotized by seeing a big beautiful car amps.
Now I can make one :D

Attachments

• valve9.jpg
    valve9.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 723
It's looked Awesome and :cool:. I think you should give it a test on this coming alpine contest. I personaly think it wouldn't be a problem in FFA
Class. Building an Amp is One thing but Build an Amp and sound good is another thing.:). So are you against Tube amp in car enviroment ?
What ur opinion on Milbert Tube amp and their Quality ?

I personaly think it wouldn't be a problem in FFA
FFA=Free For All? Well, this amp uses 16 MAT200 transistor (like Audison HV VENTI uses, but HV VENTI only use 8 of them).
So are you against Tube amp in car enviroment ?
Don't take me wrong. I'm not against tube in car audio, I just don't use them myself. If the designer is a good one, I'm sure he can make good car amp with tubes. In the earlier page of this thread, our moderator said that there area tubes that can handle vibration, maybe it will fit into car audio.
What ur opinion on Milbert Tube amp and their Quality ?
You better find out yourself :D One thing I know. No matter tubes or transistor, each can be made a very good audio power amp. All depends on the designer, not the material used.

HI Melody master,

Unfortunately the coming contest is an Alpine contest!
If it wasn't an Alpine contest, i will represent the Valve reference 4 ch, because i'm using Clarion head unit.

This amp is unique. whether it is a solid amp but it has an amazing sound like the tube amp.

Maybe in the next contest (other than Alpine), my system that using Lumanauw's amp will try to compete with the other hi end amp in FFA class.

Regards,

You can still enter the contest with changing your head unit temporarly. Isn't it? I think this contest will be very tough...Rather than just entering a small contest and win it then blew it on some magazine.( Like other people did ) ;) No ofense dude...
I sick of some people who speak alot about audio and talk like they know everything, and everything that cause anything and they product is the best since the sircuit topology is blah..blah..blah..And they judge other people system like reading a charge on a first degree murder trial...and they do it even without having a single clue on anything about how to fixing it...?

I think this is why Richard Clark made his challange....

Let's be honest...there's bunch of people like that in our industry. And only a few that smart and Humble. ( One that i know is mr Lumanouw...
;) ).

MelodiMaster said:
You can still enter the contest with changing your head unit temporarly. Isn't it? I think this contest will be very tough...Rather than just entering a small contest and win it then blew it on some magazine.( Like other people did ) ;) No ofense dude...
I sick of some people who speak alot about audio and talk like they know everything, and everything that cause anything and they product is the best since the sircuit topology is blah..blah..blah..And they judge other people system like reading a charge on a first degree murder trial...and they do it even without having a single clue on anything about how to fixing it...?

I think this is why Richard Clark made his challange....

Let's be honest...there's bunch of people like that in our industry. And only a few that smart and Humble. ( One that i know is mr Lumanouw...
;) ).

kekekeke if "he" sees this i don't know what "he" would says :)

chans already get one of his "squad" to enter that contest :)

but the contest will be full of money circles round and round and round. A system that cost more than your car? honestly that's ridiculous.

btw who's richard clark?

mr.eka : how's his (joy) Fab ? great?

mr. lumanauw: any advice for the starters? i want to start a new transistor based a/b amps. any transistors advice? how bout TIP35/36 like in rocket?
oh yeah i want to ask sth, what's the use of the "standing" modules?

btw who's richard clark?
Richard Clark, David Navone, Ken Pohlmann are the gurus when car audio started. Richard Clark is famous with Autosound2000 and its product (the noise-gate, appreodic membrane, etc was very famous:D)
If you read the old CarAudio magazine, there alot of good technical articles by these guys. (BTW, where are articles with that kind of quality nowdays?)

how bout TIP35/36
That would be a good choice :D. Better not start with too fast transistor (like C5200), otherwise you could loose interest (for the next project(s) if you fail your first project because of oscilation.

oh yeah i want to ask sth, what's the use of the "standing" modules?
Those modules are for space efficiency. I also get extra benefit, that is isolation of different functions in power amp. Why not SMD? If you notice Crown (pro amp manufacturer) makes amp, they have used SMD from quite sometime ago (MA1200 era), nowdays they also use discrete component for their good products, like K1. Discrete components and SMD have their pro and cons.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.