Valveaudio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey David ... got two question to ask ...

Question A:

My toroid has got sharp edges so that is what is cutting the enamel of the magnetic wire thus giving short ...

Can i wrap the toroid with some kind off tape so the sharp edge is taken care of ..? or you have any better idea...?

Question B :

The diode you have in the design at the remote +12v IN is of what value ... ?

Thanx
Mastero

Hi, Mastero,

You can file the toroidal ferrite core with iron file. Then you wrap the core with cloth band. Then you wound the wires. After than you dip the whole transformer into the transformer glue (liquid like resin).

The opamps are for hi-pass and low-pass. It is ordinary X-over schema, you can choose your own cutting freq. As I remember there are 2 switches on the pcb to select hi-pass or low-pass, but you must put wires to connect between input, xover, power amp, because I remember when I make the pcb, the switches are about to be put on the casing, so there is a need for additional wiring from all sections from and to pcb.

Using winding layers in toroids does not produce exactly the same result as in E cores. For toroids, optimum leakage inductance is achieved when all windings are physically on the same layer and interleaved. Also, it's advantageous to cover as much core surface as possible with interleaved primary and secondary turns, not due to the core itself, but because magnetic flux escapes when the turns are too spaced.

David can i just change the voltage reference diode to 60 from 74 or do i have to rewind the transformer ?

Also FYI i am using 12v 5amps for input. could this be the cause.?

Did not want to connect directly to car battery during tests as high amps are involved there..

Please let me know...

The 2922 and 1216 does not get hot at all not even warm during playing music...

Thanx
Mastero

David i put it to feild test .... connected it to the car system ..:(

Not getting the punch from the amp moved the preamp 10k pot to full then i get some volume ... but there is no punch ... was testing it on two 12inch Pioneer Sub's

Its working like the amps is say 20w amplifier :(

The 2922 and the 1216 is not getting warm also.... forget hot.

anyidea ...

Mastero

lumanauw said:
In that amp, the whole amplification is 2 part. The power amp and the preamp. The preamps are using the same TL074 IC's. Are you using the preamp?
If you don't use the preamp, the sound will be weak, because the gain in the amplifier is too small.

Yes i am using the peramp section ... and the gain in the preamp has to be set to full to get any good sound .. (still not that good)

How can i increase the gain in the preamp section. Its the 10K pot used at the bottom ..

Any advice ..?

Mastero

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.