UK northern meet 2010 in Sheffield

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Bathrooms do have the advantage of a built-in LF horn.

A proper DIYer you are John! Kudos for having a bathroom system!!
I suppose in Sheffied ("UpNorth") you still have the thunderbox in the yard!!

Anyway, it looks like the meet next weekend is dead in the water. Good try, Simon, and thanks for your efforts. It will leave me more time to fit out my new garage (8'6" x 14'6" of empty space)

Andy

I'd be interested if there was one going ahead (though, as I said, I have exams comming up. After June, I've a few months to do whatever I like), though perhaps getting a moderator on side wouldn't be a bad move.
In the next few months, I'll be building a nice pair of computer monitors, so, given time, I'd be happy to bring those along.

Chris

Hi all.

My Mam has had her surgery and seems to be recovering pretty well from it considering.

The DX is debugged and screwed to the ceremonial wood test chassis. I would go as far as to say it is the nicest sounding amp I have ever heard, never mind owned.

All the bugs were of my making, poor soldering and less than perfect board etching. It was my first try at etching, that is my excuse and I am sticking to it!

If there is any chance of getting everyone together I am back on side, either for Sheffield or elsewhere.

John

Hi Simon.

I have only heard one set of open baffles but like what I heard very much. It would be nice to hear some more.

Compared to the chip amp the DX will be replacing, the sound is in another league. Much bigger bass, more detail and a really "sunny" sound if that makes any sense to you.

Hopefully you will get to hear it for yourself soon.

John

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
Hey hey guys, its been awhile!

Been busy with a woman these past couple of years but have been keeping DIY close to home - its moved on from speakers to decorating and laying laminate floor though! :D

I finished the speakers you saw back as a work in progress in '07 so I could bring those along providing I can find a tank to transport them.

I've got stuff ongoing at the moment and an upcoming holiday that'll see me busy until early August but I'm good after that.

Anyway whatever happens hope you folks are all keeping well.

Real shame that :(

I missed the start of this thread as I was on holiday and I rarely look in this sub-forum. If it was going ahead I'd have tried to get along, even if it was just by train (I could still take my tiny LM1875 desktop amp!).

Sounded like you had a good venue too, I don't understand the lack of interest, as you said the Chesterfield one looked excellent. I suppose the offices arn't available now?

Well done on trying anyhow, hopefully one will come to fruition soon :)

Guys, I'm a member of another forum (audio-talk.co.uk), and they're having a meet-up in November...

If you're interested in a UK meet, it might be an idea to join. It'd be in Eggborough (usually at Owston, but someone set fire to the venue, so it's moved a little - still not too far from Sheffield, if you wanted to go).

Hello Si et al,

I suspect enough people didn't know about this rather than lack of interest. I just bumped across this thread by total accident myself.

FWIW, on the last meet there were a fair amount of people that turned up that hadn't put their names down.

What you could do is contact all those who put their names down last time.

Again for FWIW, I'd definitely be interested, and I don't think it has to be a big thing. Anything over 10 people and give it a shot.

Too late for your venue, but I'm certain there's interest out there.

Shinobiwan, nice to hear, and snap. The difference is I went and got married (just last month!) Come on, pull your finger out ;) Would love to hear those beasts that we saw at the first meet.

V

Edit: Edinburgh is way too far for me.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.