UK northern meet 2010 in Sheffield

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Simon, I'll bring my little dac which is stunning now. What about speakers? I should have new tweeters in the Jamo's soon enough, but also have the battered old Tannoy HPD's.

Just let me know.

Cheers, Lee.

edit: John asked a good question there, will you have em ready?

Guys,

Yes, the new ones will be ready by then easily. I can only really do one thing at a time and recently its been my damn Mondeo, which after a DIY top end rebuild for blown head gaskets failed its MOT today! It now wants 2 new tyres, wishbones and hand brake cables which I'll get cracking with tomorrow lol

Soon enough it'll be 100% effort on those new open baffles, they will be done and they will sound to my taste by then ie. warm and smooth with the instantness of OB.

Simon

Attachments

• heads_getting_there-1024.jpg
    heads_getting_there-1024.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 109
  • DSCF0011-1024.jpg
    DSCF0011-1024.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 105
  • xDSCF0005-1024.jpg
    xDSCF0005-1024.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 102
...Chris, what USB DAC have you got?

Hi

It's a cheap one from CPC - discontinued now. I bought one, liked it, so I got another, just because. I can't find them on their website now....

Chris

PS - after a bit more of a look-around
--|AV17497|AUDIO CAPTURE, XLR/JACK INPUT | CPC

They do some other similar ones with varying numbers of inputs and outputs.
Here they are...
--|AV17495|AUDIO CAPTURE, XLR TO USB | CPC
--|AV17496|AUDIO CAPTURE, 6.35MM JACK TO | CPC
--|AV17498|AUDIO CAPTURE, 2X XLR/JACK INPUT | CPC

Edit - my speakers do well on the end of valve stuff. Looks like there'll be queues to try everyone's speakers.

Last edited:
I might be interested in this, I am in Sheffield as well (Simon, I bought some cheap drivers off you a couple of months back if you remember, I keep meaning to email you back but haven't got round to it yet). I don't post on here much at all but do on PFM.

Power amps and turntables are what I have been spending most of my time on building so far. I have 2 x Avondale NCC200 DIY dual mono power amps (these drive my KEF reference 2's at home, bi-amped), one NCC200 ebay clone in a Cryus shoebox with a 500VA transformer (which was a bit of a squeeze), and am currently knee-deep in building my 2nd re-plinthed Lenco L75 (with a choice of Rega RB250, Hadcock GH228 or Pro-ject carbon fibre arms). Next on the list is a Pass Labs B1 pre-amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.