UGLY Looking Amp! - but good working

nikwal said:
ok since I do pretty much everything In a "rapid prototype" kind of way first, theres going to come sometimes these nice looking amps, this one absolutely blew me away, even though I dont have a sink yet so i'll have to keep idle current a bit low OR play for a short while, hmm when the solder melts ,it's time to cool for a while :-D, ust finished pcb layout today so I might do a couple of boards soon..
The design is a really simple fully complementary irf610 / bd139 (4 signal paths from prestage) and irfp's at the out..

waw, that's the ugliest amp i've ever seen.

:hot:

No doubts about that dear Zeón.

Best regards and hugs to you.

Carlos

Attachments

• piroquete das idéias.jpg
    piroquete das idéias.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 530
ugly
endless stream of ugliness
and yet, good working .. at least a couple of them

:cool: you should not judge one hounddog by its fur :cool:
... which means same as:
Lemon trees are very pretty
and the lemon flower's sweet
But the fruit of the poor lemon
is impossible to eat

Lineup Attachment:
Lemon Tree - in bloom ;)

Attachments

• lemon-tree-flowers1.jpg
    lemon-tree-flowers1.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 482
Thank you Ostripper......and about my fuse mein freund

It is not a soldered fuse...it is a:

- "Sophisticaded double point interconnection bridging high speed low resistance and tripple guaranteed low impedance jumper, strap, bridged hiper safe connection to double point thermal fusing glassy, heavy duty and air cooled, slow action protection, against over currents SENSED into power rails."

ahahahahah!

In the reality, the original fuse was 0.2 amperes...and there i need 10 amperes... reason why i have twisted a very thin wire and soldered into the fuse extremes to create a:

- "sophisticated double.......... in the reality i have created a fuse!

regards,

Carlos

Unsafe And BAD Diy things posted.

In the reality, the original fuse was 0.2 amperes...and there i need 10 amperes...
reason why i have twisted a very thing wire and soldered into the fuse

You say this is for safety :bawling: :bawling:

I say to everybody reading this.
It is just as dangerous as those Hazardous High Voltages experiments
that they put away into Texas forum ... :att'n:
for people's safety & to keep posts by Forum Rules.

High currents are just as dangerous .. if not even more dangerous!!!

Buy one 10 A standard fuse.
And pray to God you do not get your amplifier to cause FIRE in your house.
And burn all your DIY Audio and much more into black mass of nothing.
-----------------------------

Some things are very Ugly here, in my topic.
But we do not encourage people to post DANGEROUS stuff
... without a FAIR & CLEAR Warning :att'n: :att'n: :att'n:

We have many diy beginners reading every topic in www.diyaudio.com
We have some responsibilty to seriously not set bad examples.

Thank You
Lineup
Lineup Audio - Safe Constructions for you

Stop provocations line up.

By the way, a fuse is a piece of wire that melts when current passes and open the circuit to protect.

Each wire can hold some quantity of current...if you have wires you use as fuse, you have tested and you know how much current they can hold.

If you have one piece of wire, exposed to the air... and you know it will melt with 5 amperes (around that..the same as fuses), you also know 2 pieces of this same wire will hold almost twice the current.

So...there's nothing strange on that... the German was kidding, because for sure he know that... a very basic thing he used to be kidding with Charlie.

But your criticism shows something agressive Line up... i have perceive some ironic movements from you... reason why you will be placed into my ignore list.

And please, respect Halojoy's thread... the guy was a great man and despite not alive in our forum, he would be very angry with your behavior related me.

Keep this thread running because is if fine... created by a gênius....you must deserve his recognition whatever he is living now a days...he had a lot of respect on me and never asked things with this kind of irony.

regards,

Carlos

Notice the bridge size.....by the cherry picker trucks on the left side. It was bridge inspection day.......you couldn't pay me enough to let you dangle my as$ out over the side of this bridge in a little cherry picker bucket....at least not without a parachute:D

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 620
:D

when an american says: "where in the world ..."

then his world usally stops at the mexican border or the atlantic sea.
beyond that, it not much worth to see or bother for ;)

so I have a wild guess:
you went to Michigan.
where I think most swedish people .. millions .. settled

Lineup - expects the first real cold in couple of days
they say will be -30 C up here in north sweden

* same as -22 Farenheit inside USA