UcD like topology amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Very nice

Dear Bender,

very nice. Excatly, what i was looking for. And the documentations is perfect.

Do you think, i can replace the output coil by a ring-core? Any negative impact to fear?

Is the power limited by the Mosfets only? Can i get more power by bigger Mosfets, Caps and Coil?

Thanks

Hi iwan_audio.

Using PS with 40-45V per rail you can obtain 200W @ 4Ohm using irfi42112 or irfi4019, there is no need in other changes (maybe reset OCP thresholds) and don't forget about proper heatsink :). It's also possible to replace output inductor by ring core choke, you can find all necessary information in this forum.

Nice work Bender.ru

I will build a similar concept with IRS20955. Your schematic is
good input.

@Kay

If you connect R21 to Com you will have charging current for C12 and therefore no voltage at VCC.
Current through R21 can be calculated very easy
(40V-VD5)/R21=(40V-15V)/1500Ohm=16,6mA
Power loss in R21 Pv=416mW. So 500mW resistor is o.K.

thanks Bender.ru + Eljo
R21+VD5 act as power supply for low side driver
of course

but in the datasheet we find a two resistors providing
"DT", one to VCC and one to the negative rail.
You fix DT to "DT1"? (Table1, page 15 on datasheet)
If I'm not completly stupid now, why do you do this?
If I use other Fets, I must change this?

@Eljo
please post your design too

Hi RX5,
Sorry to side track. Ucd recently caught my interest, after being absent in the diy field for a long time I need to do lots of catching up! :cannotbe:

I came across the thread you have started (my 1st D-amp working) years back and again got caught by your enthusiasm that make me even more interested! Now I’m planning to build my own ucd based from your circuit diagram after your mods (hope you won’t mind!) unfortunately your attached circuit diagrams and photos are no longer available for viewing. If you still have the copy of the circuit diagram, pls be so kind to post here or send me by email, some details for troubleshooting as understand were clearly mentioned from the thread. Thanks!

-mannycc

Bridgemode UcD amp prototype, only one half mounted :clown: .

Attachments

• ucd_bridge.jpg
    ucd_bridge.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 2,875
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.