UcD like topology amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi to all.

Here is new pcb version, balanced input and other improvement implemented. Work well, imho better than first one, but i didn't measured it yet.

Attachments

• amp_top.jpg
    amp_top.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 4,329
It has nothin to do with selling. Indeed I am inpatient, because I have studied all the reference designs from International Rectifier, but lack the experience with class D amplifiers.

That is why I am so curious. And about not willing to share schematics.... that's just b.s. Where do you think we would get if IR didn't make reference designs?

I am also member of a cockpit builders forum, and the only way to get any results here is by sharing our ideas and progress.

And that is exactly why I want my class D amplifier for, because I need a lot of power for motion feedback, without all the heat.

So don't acuse me of copying and selling before you now what you are talking about.

Thanks

as i said at the begining of thread, i'll share project when finished it, don't wanna post intermediate schematic & pcb version including bugs & mistakes.

Hi Eva, there is nothing incredible or outstanding in my project, people could find all related information in open sources( like this forum for example :) ).

white-eagle, why don't you try convenient PWM control IC, like tl494, uc38xx or many others. Seems to me, that it would be better than my D class audio amp with ~10A mosfets.

Eva said:
Seems like a lot of uncreative people is awaiting the release to copy and sell it ;) That's why I no longer publish schematics.

You really think that is what this is about? Just because you want $6000 USD for your simple Class D amplifier doesn't mean that everyone else can't engineer themselves out of a paper bag. I'll spend 1/6th that over the next few months and have exactly what I need! I was personally looking for a tiny UCD design for a half-dozen monitor speakers that I am donating (as in: free) to a friend. I don't want to spend a bunch of resources designing something that could be tested and over with.

Your attitude is becoming more abrasive and is disappointing, to say the least. Not all of us are "Pierre/Ssanmor" rejects trying to squeeze legitimate applications into personal gain. :dodgy:

There is a growing demand of hi-fi full-range class D but there is little people in the world capable of getting such class D circuits right by themselves without asking others to do the job or cloning an existing product. The required knowledge is free and spread out there, as Bender pointed out, but little people is capable of gathering it and understanding it. These rare abilities have a price.

On the other hand, there is plenty of people neither having the abilities not wanting to acquire them at all, but wanting the money. These would kill for a good schematic (to release a poor product with improvised PCB layout) ;)

Considering the amount of quality commercial full-range car amplifiers currently in the market, my offer was a real bargain. It was intentionally low because when you asked me for licensing some of my designs you made me think that you were a small company willing to expand and earn a reputation by starting a little revolution in the car audio market. You demonstrated null capability to envision business by not accepting it, though. I was wrong

BTW: SD card reading and MP3 playback is planned for the next version :D

Eva said:
There is a growing demand of hi-fi full-range class D but there is little people in the world capable of getting such class D circuits right by themselves without asking others to do the job or cloning an existing product. The required knowledge is free and spread out there, as Bender pointed out, but little people is capable of gathering it and understanding it. These rare abilities have a price.

On the other hand, there is plenty of people neither having the abilities not wanting to acquire them at all, but wanting the money. These would kill for a good schematic (to release a poor product with improvised PCB layout) ;)

Considering the amount of quality commercial full-range car amplifiers currently in the market, my offer was a real bargain. It was intentionally low because when you asked me for licensing some of my designs you made me think that you were a small company willing to expand and earn a reputation by starting a little revolution in the car audio market. You demonstrated null capability to envision business by not accepting it, though. I was wrong

BTW: SD card reading and MP3 playback is planned for the next version :D

No, you weren't wrong. I didn't make myself clear in my response. In response to Bender.ru's post, I was looking for a small monitor amplifier to give away. With respect to licensing your design, I was looking for a good car amplifier design. Two separate things.

I am a small business doing exactly that - but I've decided against 'revolutionizing the car audio industry' for the time being. $6K is a lot more than I've ever spent in a collaborative effort for a design on paper. I don't think I'm being unreasonable, but I am quite frugal when it comes to researching new ideas. Maybe OK if I was buying a loan from a bank, but I spend my own money for all business efforts.

It's not a design on paper, it's a complete working system with complete PCB layouts and magnetics specifications. The first prototype was installed in a motorbike 3 months ago and it has been working flawlessly since then. An article on this motorbike and the amplifier is about to be published in a Spanish car audio magazine soon. Now I'm being asked for more prototypes and more features ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.