• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Tube-I-zator Professional PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's Alive!

The V3.1 Tubeizator is running...!

I used the Rhopoint resistors for both Rk and Ri/v. The sound is very good in the early stages. I will post more comments after 100 hours.

On the V2 Tubeizator, I used the "naked" resistors for both Rk and Ri/v. While the Vishay's are very good, for this application I much prefer the Rhopoint.

Thanks for a very good upgrade board Oliver.

Attachments

• Tubeizator V3.jpg
    Tubeizator V3.jpg
    691.8 KB · Views: 626
Oliver

I am finally getting around to putting the Tubeizator into a case :) I did a search but couldn't find the answer to my question which is;

The transformer I have has a 2A 9v secondary that runs the heater supply, does the heater supply need the whole 2A? I was wondering if I could run the Twisted Pear Placid HD PSU from the 9V secondary as well?

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Oliver

I am finally getting around to putting the Tubeizator into a case :) I did a search but couldn't find the answer to my question which is;

The transformer I have has a 2A 9v secondary that runs the heater supply, does the heater supply need the whole 2A? I was wondering if I could run the Twisted Pear Placid HD PSU from the 9V secondary as well?

Witch tubes are you using?

I've finished my DAC with tube-i-zator v3.1 and Ian's FIFO kit. However, the heatsink of IRF840 is quite hot (around 50-60 degree). I can't touch it over 1 sec. Is there anything wrong?

Input is AC150V and B+ output is DC150V. All components are brought from Mouser in accordance to BOM v3.1

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20150406_172237.jpg
    IMG_20150406_172237.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 366
I've finished my DAC with tube-i-zator v3.1 and Ian's FIFO kit. However, the heatsink of IRF840 is quite hot (around 50-60 degree). I can't touch it over 1 sec. Is there anything wrong?

Input is AC150V and B+ output is DC150V. All components are brought from Mouser in accordance to BOM v3.1

Thanks!

Sorry I cannot answer your question but do you have a build thread for the DAC looks interesting.

How sad......Seems like I arrived a few years too late.

At the price they were I can't believe the sales dropped off.

A lot of the SRPP output stages seem to be discontinued now. Hopefully something comes up on the 2nd hand market. Has to be a few unpopulated PCB's lying around somewhere.

Really want the Tube-i-zator though and not willing to settle for anything less.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.