• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Tube-I-zator Professional PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Alon,

perfect work :up:

Please be careful and don´t make a HV short at the top of the capacitor :magnify:

Thanks for pointing that out Oliver, i hadn't thought about that...i will put more blutac between the capacitor and board.

Here is my current status.

Just waiting for delivery of Transformer and need to do some wiring. Then it will be voltage test time.

I knock up a base and back to place pcb and connectors (this will be temporary until i have enough money to buy a proper case.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Here are the Cmc output Rca's and the Wbt 75ohm Input Rca...Any suggestions for connecting from Wbt Rca to Spdif input on twisted pair i2s board? Should i use a silver twisted pair or 75ohm coax cable?

This picture shows the gap between hv board and cap...but i will still put more blutac inbetween.

Here are my new Mark Grant Mains cables for Transport and Dac and my Mark Grant Digital Cable

Alon

I know it's a bit out of the whole concept but I have to ask: most people don't use the 12AX7 family of tubes (maybe most suitable for preamps and not for srpp), so maybe we can get rid of those relays plus sorter signal path etc.

Also, before another punch goes out I'd suggest more holes for the output caps for bigger caps

Joined 2009
Paid Member
For the rectifier diodes use the new Q-Speed "Q-Series" LQA03TC600
Mouser Part No.: 903-LQA03TC600

I use these also in my DCB-1 project.

The relais you could get via ebay:

DS4E-S-DC5V - ebay No.: 400125440464 - Seller: Electronics EZ Find

or the "M"-Version

DS4E-M-DC5V - ebay No.: 230546405332 - Seller: evingar-trading

Joined 2009
Paid Member
In principal you must change nothing. Just set the heater switch to 12AX7 if you use the ECC´s.
If you don´t have a problem with the lower gain (33), you could use them.

Because i must have the gain of 100 for my DCB1 pre, i could only use the ECC83, 12AX7 or 6N2P.

Today a pair Genalex Gold Lyon ECC83/B759 arrived and started to burn in. :cheerful:

In the next weeks i will do some tube rolling with the 6N2P-ER, my Tesla E83CC (1:1 to the legendary Telefunken ECC803S)
and the Gold Lyons. Perhaps i will order also a pair Tung Sol ECC803S/12AX7 and the JJ ECC803S long plate.

I am very curios about the sound differences of the tubes.

:cheers:

Oliver,

I’ll add the circuit on the link below to the Tube-I-Zator, my plan is to remove the Relays, RK, Ri/v, output Caps and cut the grid trace between two pins or is there a better options? This will be hooked to the Buf II.

LINK: audio-talk :: View topic - Buffalo DAC output stage

Will do after the removal of components mentioned above:

1. Connect Shunt Reg’s input to TB1, Connect Reg’s output to 8650 center tap, connect one of 8650 primary to tube socket pin1 and pin 6.

2. Connect 8650s’ one secondary to ground and the other to signal output terminal.

3. Connect Buf II out (+/-) to grid and add 470k at each to ground.

4. Connect the socket pin 4 and 5 to the heater.

Am I missing something else?
Sorry, I can't draw.
Note: This is only for one channel.

Thanks,

Joe

Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Oliver,

I’ll add the circuit on the link below to the Tube-I-Zator, my plan is to remove the Relays, RK, Ri/v, output Caps and cut the grid trace between two pins or is there a better options? This will be hooked to the Buf II.

LINK: audio-talk :: View topic - Buffalo DAC output stage

Will do after the removal of components mentioned above:

1. Connect Shunt Reg’s input to TB1, Connect Reg’s output to 8650 center tap, connect one of 8650 primary to tube socket pin1 and pin 6.

2. Connect 8650s’ one secondary to ground and the other to signal output terminal.

3. Connect Buf II out (+/-) to grid and add 470k at each to ground.

4. Connect the socket pin 4 and 5 to the heater.

Am I missing something else?
Sorry, I can't draw.
Note: This is only for one channel.

Thanks,

Joe

Hi Joe,

for what you want to do i only miss the cathode connections with the 401R´s ect.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Status update

Tube-I-zator Pre-Orders:
------------------------

Cris H. - 1x
Jacques Merde - 2x
northcool - 1x
acccruz - 1x
hawall841 - 1x
morpheous - 1x
neoinc - 1x
Crusty - 1x

HV-Shunt Module Pre-Order for 2nd Batch:
-----------------------------------------

Jean-Charles - 2x - ready to dispatch next monday
kamaths - 3x - ready to dispatch next monday
bequerel - 2x - ready to dispatch next monday
morpheous - 2x
ksnider1 - 1x - ready to dispatch next monday
ipolyakov - 2x - ready to dispatch next monday
savvas - 2x - ready to dispatch next monday
hawall841 - 1x
NeoInc - 1x
Ryssen - 2x
WhiteBull - 2x

Hello Oliver, i just did one last try with a very simple setup to see if i was able to get to work the regulator.
just used a spare transformer, 2 diodes and a cap, connected the positive of the cap to the input, and the gnd to the gnd of the transformer (and then to earth)
with or without load it acts the same, using the trimmer to set the voltage results in a voltage drop from the secundary of the trasformer (150-0-150 100mA)...
really i'm speechless :confused::confused::confused:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.