• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Tube-I-zator Professional PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What have you got between the transformer and the shunt reg? Is it the tube-i-zator power supply with CRC?

I mean, something's wrong, for sure. I have mine working first time like Oliver and it looks pretty similar.

How are you testing it? I think you should post more pics of how you've wired it all up, including the tube-i-zator etc. and even multimeter results so it can be seen where you are testing across.

Last edited:
My tube-i-zator board up and running...i set it up to test voltages.

All is working perfectly :)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Tfan69 Check to see that your 1k varisistor is working!! I have a 5k varisistor intalled in mine and at certain ranges i was also getting the same or minus 2v from the input voltage...changing the value on the varisistor fixed this and output voltage was about -25v from the input voltage.

Alon

It is a sensible suggestion - the variable resistor on the shunt. If you try a larger value, it will have a larger range, though not as easy to refine.

I intend on replacing all of my variable resistors on the final build. Although future voltage drift can be remedied with a variable, I am of the assumption that it is probably also the most likely cause of any such drift. Is that right?

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
The QH layout has rectification and CRC on board if I remember correctly. Oliver's is reg only. Since you have checked everything else and 3 guys are showing same stuff exactly like yours working, its either cursed :darkside: or there is a difference in what's feeding it? What comprises your rectification and pre filtering? Are your input cables long by the way? Decouple its input with 1uF from +In to ground directly on reg's input for instance.

hello Salas,
i tried oliver reg in my aikido, same stuff... tried QH board (w/o on board rectification) on the dac.. it (of course) works
no long cables (10cm)
i just come back to the shop with some green leds.. somehow i suspect that the problem lies here... let's see how it goes

yesterday a friend come to help me, he's quite expert as electronics assembly/repair is his job..
we checked everything without success, but we found that when trimmering the shunt the AC before the rectification dropped as well... looks like there is some dispersion somewhere... the transformer is the one you suggested for the tubeizator earlier in this thread...
me confused... don't know what to check.. i'll build one p2p and see what happens..

Joined 2009
Paid Member
My tube-i-zator board up and running...i set it up to test voltages.

All is working perfectly :)

Tfan69 Check to see that your 1k varisistor is working!! I have a 5k varisistor intalled in mine and at certain ranges i was also getting the same or minus 2v from the input voltage...changing the value on the varisistor fixed this and output voltage was about -25v from the input voltage.

Alon

Hi Alon,

perfect work :up:

Please be careful and don´t make a HV short at the top of the capacitor :magnify:

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Tube-I-zator Pre-Orders:
------------------------

Cris H. - 1x (please change to your nickname yourself!)
Jacques Merde - 2x
northcool - 1x
acccruz - 1x
hawall841 - 1x
morpheous - 1x
neoinc - 1x
Crusty - 1x

HV-Shunt Module Pre-Order for 2nd Batch:
-----------------------------------------

Jean-Charles - 2x
kamaths - 3x
bequerel - 2x
morpheous - 2x
ksnider1 - 1x
ipolyakov - 2x
savvas - 2x
hawall841 - 1x
NeoInc - 1x
Ryssen - 2x
WhiteBull - 2x

I think we could start the 2nd batch for the HV-Shunt Module.
All members in the pre-order list get a PM from me!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.