Trust, the most delicious Dx Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I attached the image show the connections joint, is it correct ?

about the 42V, its higher than my voltage rating of my capacitors (mostly 35V).
Should i replace all the capacitor's voltage rating to higher and slightly increase the wattage of resistor ?

thanks for the transformer connection teaching

hm..... failure is the way to success ! well.... but don't fail me on this.... not sufficient money to support this project if it blows !
Maybe future i will be called as "Annihilator " !

Attachments

• Connections.jpg
    Connections.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 321
I also found out that the 1n4007 diode's forward ampere is 1.0A.
My transformer's maximum output was something roughly 2.677A, so i assume the maximum is 3A.
And i doesn't love to crank up the volume too much, so i just put 3 '1N4007' parallel at each side, means 6 of them, is it correct ?
and the capacitor for power supply, i will put 22,000uF, since its more general number(also for ohm). What should be the rating of the capacitor ? at least 50V ?

be careful about using 3 diodes in parallel - it's likely one will hog the current, blow up and then the next one and so on. To ensure the diodes share current more or less equally you need to put a small power resistor in series with each diode and then put the resulting diode+resistor combinations in parallel. A resistor of 0.2Ohm to 0.5Ohm would be suitable.

Maybe worth finding somewhere you can buy old junk radio or hi-fi and pull out the parts you need from that.

.... finally manage to finish the purchasing... damn alot, haha !
been working for 2-4 days purchasing just for select good and nice-pricing components !
hm... cost me MYR 300, roughly USD $80-90, its quite big cost for me ^^
OMG, i forgot the solders.... going to purchase it now

too bad they only process the order at working day X.x

hurray, components have arrived, but forgot the solders and board.... going to purchase it tmrw ! I'm going to do solder-path soldering, so what board should i get ?
(well.. supposely not ordinary PCB which have holes X.x)
Copper coated ? copper plated ? or just find a piece of plywood for it ! (most probably not going to)

I have found a board Kalinishikova made to me ...

... maybe a hundred years ago.... so.... i will buy more acid and give a try on it...this amplifier is nice..sounds very good...i love this kind of sonics.... reminds me when i was very young (thousand years ago)

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• A board was found.JPG
    A board was found.JPG
    537.9 KB · Views: 240
  • I have found a board.JPG
    I have found a board.JPG
    698.6 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
Hurray, all parts is here ! (well, almost)

I got all the things i needed, going to start it immediately, start from the power supply first X.x

The first picture is my toroidal

But i got problem with capacitor of an value ..... 7.5pF
well..... my order from net only available this type of .... flat.....SMD type, but it looks ridiculously small and thin... i have no way to solder into my things !(or you guys teach me X.x)
Its a 2 sided ..... in the picture it was 8 capacitors !!! ..... the metal below the round hole is the lead.......

Anyway, i go out and brought normal ceramic type... but i can't get 7.5pF, so i get a combination of 4pF & 3.3pF, going to instal parallel to each other , instead of 7.5pF. Is it ok ?(workable ?) its kinda the nearest number i can get.

OMG....... my mom wants me at the store to help out...... just hate it when it comes at these time !(my happy,exciting time)

Attachments

• Image105.jpg
    Image105.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 278
  • Image106.jpg
    Image106.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 267
  • Image107.jpg
    Image107.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 256
  • Image108.jpg
    Image108.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 250
I see some progress guitar... very good..also you are a natural comunicator

I suggest folks to go the group buy for the MKIII-Hx ... and i have some reasons to explain you all:

In the future these circuits will have the value of relics ... not only mine but all amplifiers produced in small numbers within this DIY forum, they will be rarities, antiquities and treasures .... amplifiers are manufactured by the thousands .... we do 50 or less kits for each model series .. little gems for their rarity, precious by the fact that you built, which creates extra value for your descendants .. one day an amplifier may be worth a lot of money for your children and grandchildren because it will be part of DIY forums, audiophile designs, will be part of the history of audio ... I'm old ... within 10 or 20 years I will be with the angels (or demons) .. then it will be worth even more, then think about it a bit.

regards,

Carlos

wahaha.... you have a good point there ! haven't think in that way. will preserve it nicely ! (and of course, use it !)
And if you will be a demon, you will be a very fierce one.. (hey, TRY UP MY AMP !!!) :devily:
If you be an angel... you would : "i have tons of Amp to share with my fellow angels !" :D

While i'm at my mom's shop now, i have some free time to do my sketch !
i have attached the power supply circuit (PCB diagram)

help me see if anything wrong with it ? X.x (never hope to have wrong)
going to make another sketch for the amplifier circuit !

Attachments

• Power supply Circuit.JPG
    Power supply Circuit.JPG
    12.8 KB · Views: 241
ehmm..... really ? i thought it was.... quite ...... well...... undescriptable !

OMG....... now the stock in my store just arrived... piled up like mountain....
46 cartoon..... going to cost my life to arrange it !........
need to pospone the construction until tonight..... just sad !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.