TPA3116D2 Amp

Attachments

• 000 TPA3116 Variations .jpg
    000 TPA3116 Variations .jpg
    374.1 KB · Views: 915
That site is in Chinese, I guess you guys can read it ? $28 is not bad if shipping is included.

Did the board showed up in Taobao again? Wushuliu was referring to a shop in EBay. But you may be right, the same seller, at one point, list the same PBTL board on both EBay and TB. I was going to place an order at TB and then the item disappeared. Now it reappear but only at Ebay. Of course, when it was listed at TB, the price was much lowered.

Regards,

Is there any volume pot on that one?

I would like to have a volumepot, i have the 2.1 now but is looking for a 2.0, is the best 2.0 with volume pot the red one at ebay with?

And i have been thinking about power supply, instead of using a laptop powersupply, would it work to use this transformer? Changed http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toroidal-230V-Mains-Transformer-60VA-0-12V-0-12V-/290930357566?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Test_Measurement_Equipment_ET&hash=item43bcccf53e

Or do you know any transformer that would be better for supply power, i saw that this is only 12v but for me its okay because i dont need so much power, how many watts do the amp supply on 12v?

I found this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/FD7-16-MAGNETEK-TRIAD-POWER-TRANSFORMER-115-230V-NEW-IN-BOX-/121113523653?pt=BI_Circuit_Breakers_Transformers&hash=item1c32edb5c516v 3.5a, shouldnt it works good instead of laptop supply or is laptop supply as good?

How much amps/amper does the amplifier use as max, i think i read 3a?

I found a toroidal 230v transformer that transforms to 22v and 4A, shouldnt it be perfect?

Last edited:
I was thinking about the new one that mijijim just posted. But do you think the green one looks better? And i looked at the picture but do you not mean blue board with the purple cooling?

How do you use the amp without volume pot, for me its no problem because i use a logitech touch. But i was thinking if this was a commercial product, do you dont think it would be hard to sell it if it dont have a volume pot?

matthtvr,

my comment above was edited, so yes.

No. On-board volume pots are generally of very questionable quality, and an excellent source for radiated noise to appear on the input furthermore I see no practical reason for them at all. If you need volume control install a volume pot of good quality where you find it best. Even the few cm it is removed from the board will inherently improve sound.