Threshold NS10 Lineamp PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
apassgear said:
That’s great Magura, thanks... maybe that will also take care of Americas. Any idea on cost for those parts?

In the other hand I have found suitable MKP’s around here one brand from Illinois Capacitors (IC) on 5 and 7.50mm lead spacing for C1 and C3 from Allied, availability has to be check though.

A second alternative is Vishay 1841 MKP’s from Newark on 7.50mm leadspace at less than 0.50$ apiece, seems a good candidate also, availabitity has to be checked.

Still pending to check C2, I’ll do that later.
:)

Tell me what you need, and I'll give you a pointer regarding the price. This is real cheap though. Both Steenoe and I have bought loads from this source.

Magura :)

apassgear said:
This is the idea of the double raw supply plus two scored reg boards.

Comments?

Perfect ... as usual capitano.

Sorry for having disppeared last days but ... bloody busy ..

Manu

Attachments

• raw psu_pcb.jpg
    raw psu_pcb.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 603
Hey Manolo, great work as usual.

Couple of minor details.
Looking at your very nice artwork I see you marked both raw supplies as positive; of course both could be used to do either polarities so I think maybe if we mark one for each polarity could be more universal. I see negative polarity orientation of caps for the upper one but diodes need to be flipped to go for negative.

On the other hand we should change the marking on the silk screen to show negative and maybe instead of a minus sign at the center I think is better to show a G for ground.

Could we move a bit to the center both of those AC screw connectors to leave more space for mounting screws?

Cheers,
:cool:

BTW, what lead space did you give to the lytics?

Great, dead on.

Now, another minor detail, when seeing the last artwork, we might be able to move a bit the mounting screws towards the center, they look too close to the edges and now we have more space there.

I didn’t sent you a layout with dims, my fault, but I had left the shortest leadspace for the inductor at 7.2mm good for the MuRata 18R473C (DK 811-1313-ND) cored choke, but can’t measure your layout.

On the regs, yes, we could do both polarities, and mark them on the silk?

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Great job guys!

A couple of questions: Do you think it's beneficial to
modify the PS board slightly to allow easier use
of TO220-sized diodes?

I'm also wondering about heatsinking of the transistors
on the regulator board. It doesn't look like you can
just put the mount the regulator board up against
a heatsink. Do you think something relatively
small (such as a small L-shaped piece of aluminum
mounted to the transistors), will be sufficient?

Thanks,
Dennis

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi Manu,

I'm working a bit on my Toole Reg this weekend, got the boards from my local shop.

But i searched for the diodes for the raw supply and find no reference to them...i have quite a few MUR 860 here at home...but i suspect that you are using others, judging from apparent spacing in raw supply board, is that so ?.

;)

By the way...thanks a ton for super reg boards.

Dennis Hui said:
Great job guys!

A couple of questions: Do you think it's beneficial to
modify the PS board slightly to allow easier use
of TO220-sized diodes?

I'm also wondering about heatsinking of the transistors
on the regulator board. It doesn't look like you can
just put the mount the regulator board up against
a heatsink. Do you think something relatively
small (such as a small L-shaped piece of aluminum
mounted to the transistors), will be sufficient?

Thanks,
Dennis

T0-220 diodes? Yes, but we have to adapt the traces to the spacing as RM5 is not a lot and don't allows big traces fooling around the pins ...
There are nice Onsemi schottky in D0-41 or D0-201 which would nicely fitt in the actual size...

But as you like it boys...

The best way to cool the transistors of the regs will certainly be to screw them to the chassis (bottom plate or side plate) with carefull isolation.
A piece of Alu would do the job , though.

Manu

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.