Threshold NS10 Lineamp PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dennis,
Thanks for those nice words but in the end many people have been involved on this project starting by our nice friends, Colin Toole, Steen, Manu and now you have also joined this team, so this is what makes DIYaudio great.

Now we are moving forward in the fast lane with the gerbers almost finished and suggest we start moving things to materialize the GB.
Tasks in front of us is submit gerbers files to suppliers for quote, we have to set specs for the boards also. And maybe start a Wiki so have people show their intentions of buying and have a fair estimate on number of boards to order.

To all,

Can someone open a wiki?

Suggestions for board suppliers?

Cheers,
:cool:

pcb offer

Thanks, Manu, for your offer,

I cranked up the old Protel program and "played around in the sandbox" a bit to include the big Jantzen, Rifa or Solen PP caps (could just have added them externally - duh!) -they're finally ready to drill and assemble and have some fun - going to see if it'll drive the DOA headamp at 350mA (hmm!) and compare to the Teddy-Reg.

Again, many thanks for you, Tony, Steen, and everyone to complete this rather surprising project.

Manu said:
Our baby is now full as an egg ..

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

T0220 diodes freaks : There are extra pins for this purpose on RAW supply kiddoe ... crowded but it should work ...(hopefully)

Manu

James : provided that is doesn't implies too much changes to existing PCBs I can provide a board (as PDF for home etching) which fits your special needs ...

Manu & Tony;
:worship:
That baby full as an egg look terrific, indeed. Great job and nice to see Manu turning out to be a PCB:wiz: I guess we will have to abuse his talents in the future:D

:)

luvdunhill said:
I like the small SMD Schottky bridges for low current applications, as they have such a tiny forward voltage drop. Here's one example:

(Mouser Part Number):
610-CBRHDSH1-40L

Suggestions for components are always welcomed here, that diode bridge looks rally nice for the application and an easy install even if it is a surface component, it might gain popularity between us in the future or maybe if there is a second run on the GB we could include it on the bonus supply if we get others supporting it. At this point the Gerber’s should be ready as shown by Manu so I’m sorry to say that we will have to wait.

Cheers,
:)

Very nice Manu. Basically how I have built them, separate raw supply with rectifiers (though just a single bridge, using MBR160 diodes), then CLC filter, and wires run to the regulator board, which shared a PCB with the circuit I had it powering. 5v drop is more than enough, and I have gotten away with less, though performance does go up slightly with increased voltage drop.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.