This is what happens...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nonetheless, I was glad to get a chance to actually test it before making any judgments, for which I thank Steve and his generous friend.

Yeah. Nothing like having the real McCoy to work with.

I'll pass your sentiments on to my friend. And a big thank you to you and Jan "Is that a network analyzer in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?" Didden!

se

Last edited:
`scuse me??

Unless it was some other Jan, SY said you were in town for your annual visit and had a network analyzer with you. I asked "So he travels with a network analyzer?" To which he replied "Doesn't everybody?" So I just got this silly image in my head of you carrying around a network analyzer everywhere you went.

I'll leave SY to explain the "Is that a pickle in your pocket..." joke that was the basis of my humor.

I suppose the Paladin angle may have worked better, and referred to you as Jan "Have network analyzer-will travel" Didden, but the pickle in your pocket joke was the first to come to mind so I ran with that.

Sorry for the confusion.

*grumble*damn foreigners*grumble* :p

se

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Unless it was some other Jan, SY said you were in town for your annual visit and had a network analyzer with you. I asked "So he travels with a network analyzer?" To which he replied "Doesn't everybody?" So I just got this silly image in my head of you carrying around a network analyzer everywhere you went.

I'll leave SY to explain the "Is that a pickle in your pocket..." joke that was the basis of my humor.

I suppose the Paladin angle may have worked better, and referred to you as Jan "Have network analyzer-will travel" Didden, but the pickle in your pocket joke was the first to come to mind so I ran with that.

Sorry for the confusion.

*grumble*damn foreigners*grumble* :p

se

Just pulling your leg; I perfectly understand both references, I'm not THAT foreign.
In Holland it would be ' is that a stick of Werthers you are...'

Seriously, this little gadget is something that every household needs. Not just a NA, also 2-channel scope, 2-channel DVM, +/-5V power supply, 2-channel AWG, and a couple of other tricks. If you have a student ID just $ 99....

Jan

Just pulling your leg; I perfectly understand both references, I'm not THAT foreign.
In Holland it would be ' is that a stick of Werthers you are...'

Seriously, this little gadget is something that every household needs. Not just a NA, also 2-channel scope, 2-channel DVM, +/-5V power supply, 2-channel AWG, and a couple of other tricks. If you have a student ID just $ 99....

Cool. What, specifically, is "it"?

se

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Raising the hurdle of placing a monetary barrier in front of discussing your point takes me back; to 1990's Usenet. Please be more specific, quote the parts you consider relevant.

I already did several pages ago. As you have not quoted anything in defense of your somewhat unique position on this I didn't see a need to do any more research as ball in your court.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.