This is what happens...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here's one example of blatant lies.

Surround receivers are what's hot now in the consumer market. I've had two in my lab; one a Sony and one a JVC. The Sony was junk no matter how you look at it- no setting of the tone controls would provide even marginally acceptable sound. The JVC was a lot better, but...

Both are rated 80 watts "RMS" :rolleyes: times 5. The Sony couldn't come even close to 80 watts times 2; the power supply just collapsed. It did provide 80 watts times 2 with a pulse signal, but not a steady state signal; it's closer to 26 watts times 2. :eek:

The JVC did provide 80 watts times 2 steady state - pretty good. But forget about 3, 4, or 5 channels - it'll never happen.

These are two examples of blatant deception. I think that anybody could read a Wikipedia article and figure out how to verify these marketing claims. They count on ignorance, in my opinion.

There's more, but it tells the same story. Power output claims = blatant BS.
i have very often a good laugh in shops, when i look trough holes in those homecinema 7,1 100w receivers.
smaller trafo than mine 250va lundahl:D

perhaps they passed rms tests, but only one canal playing at a time !:D:bomb:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.