The simplistic Salas low voltage shunt regulator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have already built several salas regs, though new trivial questions continue to come :)

what are the best price/performance caps for 47uf & 220uf (c6 & c7, v1.0)?
I was looking for silmics/tonerex, perhaps panasonic FC would be fine too or due to their extremely low esr these could bring no benefit?

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Another BJT controlled one is Reflektor of course. Some Japanese diyers are apparently trying a low Vgs Mosfet mod to use it at 5V or under:
Salas Reflektor 2011?????? ??3: Kon???????
An input decoupling cap is included also, they should have had instability without a resistor at the BJT controller's base and some input cabling maybe. Also using only 0.1 Ohm damping on the output cap or the high Ciss part could have made it more reactive.

Nice. Expecting pics.
as promised... here my buffalo III dac with mixed xformer (i/v conversion and unbalancing)/tube output (srpp buffer), both HV and LV Salas shunt and heaters psu made with a lm317 and a 2n3055 as current driver

Attachments

• IMG_1382.JPG
    IMG_1382.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 583
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.