The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Allow me to present you to Chico.

The front is inherited from his dad, a trained Dutch shepherd of the Netherlands navy forces in the Caribbean. The rear is a greyhound.
Chico does 0-20mph and back to full stop in a 50 feet distance, jumps from a standstill across 6 feet, to witness is to believe.

Playing games with this fella should be executed with full restraint, Chico is hyperactive and a bite natural. In the first 12 months of his life he has caught, killed and eaten several iguanas and bare-eyed pigeons.
I already feel sorry for the one foolish enough to climb the fence, once trespassed there's no escaping from Chico.

Attachments

• Chico.JPG
    Chico.JPG
    220.9 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Chico was born on the island, never left it. It's my g/f's hand on the picture, we teleported to Curaçao on the 18th.

Chico and Cesar are my security detail on the island, better to be safe than sorry in the Caribbean. I hope/plan to spend 1/3d to half the time on Curaçao in a couple of years, and 75+ percent by the end of 2020. The thought of a dog in a travel bench, locked up in an airplane cargo hold for 12 straight hours is not my idea of animal friendly. Already thinking of chartering/leasing a jet by that time to take all three dogs along, whichever costs less. Also saves half the travel time, some small jets can nearly do Mach 1, with a cruising speed that's 100+ mph faster than a Boeing biggy.
Makes a 7-hour flight from Rotterdam airport (instead of Schiphol near A'dam) to Curaçao Hato.

Picture of Cesar, couple of days ago. He's now a little over half a year old, fulltime Curaçao resident for the last 3 months.
The fool chases flies all day, also what he's doing in the picture, I'm positive he hasn't caught a single one yet. (Chico on the other hand catches anything with some meat on it, seen him chew several bugs in flight-mode, his teeth sound like a snapping bear trap)

Attachments

• LostMarbles.JPG
    LostMarbles.JPG
    249.5 KB · Views: 93
Another happy year

The Jaccoster has another war to fight, he smells a lot of blood and lives to kill.
The blood and kill are metaphorical, but this time round it'll be war on all continents.

(Ever since I lost my fear of flying, I can't restrain myself from checking airplanes for potential extremist passengers after boarding. Just the thought of whacking one with zero judicial bars turns my pants tight. During the flight on the 18th I even fantasized about tearing a chair off the floor to hit an Arab looking bloke with. I'm almost tempted to book a seat on a high risk flight number and skip the booze + nicotine patch restraining order)

My next company adress.
Built in the late 19th century to quarantine sailors. The ground floor/level has a 100' long corridor at both the front and back, so-called 'draught halls' with a door opening on each end. Those corridors were used to blow-off virus particles, standard issue of quarantine facilities.
The building is still government owned, on the monument list, but zero cash in the wallet for renovating it.
(I'll get it, even if I have to bribe half the government and order a cement truck for the other half I don't fancy. By sheer luck I bumped into the leader of one of the political parties on the island at a café in the countryside, has a seat in the current house of representatives, called state members, talked for a couple of hours. General elections are held in 4 weeks time, september 30th)

Attachments

• QB-Front.JPG
    QB-Front.JPG
    198.2 KB · Views: 82
  • QB-Right.JPG
    QB-Right.JPG
    166.7 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
@Stajo.

The time money and frustration involved is simply not worth it...been there and got the scars (in my bank account) to prove it. At best they are OKish, but that is seldom fully achieved. A far better and (still) cheaper route is the heavy platter Lencos...and you will also have more money for your bikes!

Joined 2011
Paid Member

@Stajo.

The time money and frustration involved is simply not worth it...been there and got the scars (in my bank account) to prove it. At best they are OKish, but that is seldom fully achieved. A far better and (still) cheaper route is the heavy platter Lencos...and you will also have more money for your bikes!

I was refering to kevinkr's invitating exhortation. But I do have a TD124 cast iron platter as well.