The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

…Nashville? :confused: Bad Year?:eek:

That iz Zero compared to Scotlands rugby record this year…and last! :eek::eek: I have to be sympathetic to de lokalz!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

IRELAND…on the other hand…BEST IN EUROPE!!! ;):D:D:D:)

'Talians - not great ---but how many people play rugby over there? They have a lot of guts and are not afraid to have a go…and they are getting better! :cool:

England??? Bit less attitude, a bit less partying, a bit less smugness and they could have won everything……but they didn't!!:):):)

I tend to agree with ZM…and that can't be good.:eek:

You're all a crowd of sissy DoDos…probably off drinking in some goils bar, sipping stuff with fruit on sticks and pretend umbrellas…………. in a beach bar with a log cabin trading-post heating system.:flame:……and wearing high heel sneakers to boot the DoDo dawg which usually hangs around such licker venues when there are heating appliances.

Yeah, I know: "pull up a log-cabin and sit down an' rest yer brains".

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
you know what .......

Papa really spoiled me , with evening fun tip

I'm watching E07S01 of Person of Interest , on my Shameless M2 Clone with Brute Tann OBs

first 6 episodes were fun , now 7th and off to sleep

all I'm missing now are Whales ...... but - if I start seeing them in (extinct ) Panonic Sea , that could be sign of me using too much funny mushrooms

:cheers:

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
I tend to agree with ZM…and that can't be good.:eek:

You're all a crowd of sissy DoDos…probably off drinking in some goils bar, sipping stuff with fruit on sticks and pretend umbrellas…………. in a beach bar with a log cabin trading-post heating system.:flame:……and wearing high heel sneakers to boot the DoDo dawg which usually hangs around such licker venues when there are heating appliances.

Yeah, I know: "pull up a log-cabin and sit down an' rest yer brains".

St. Patty's Day is this Monday so everyone pretending to be Irish since last Friday after getting off of work (which was right after taking a looooooog lunch).

Glad I don't drink and that I have enough sense to stay off of the roads while the wannabe Irish pretenders are driving around.

I'm home nice and safe and sound with the dachshunds!!! :D:D:D

BTW - Happy Saint Patrick's Day to everyone!!!! (OK - I'm a little early - but it has to be 5 o'clock somewhere....)

This iz special Irish Dachshund photo for ZM.....

Attachments

• Irish Dachshund.jpg
    Irish Dachshund.jpg
    362.8 KB · Views: 97
Well dodos, I don't know how to say it. It started out like any other Sunday with coffee and breakfast. Just about to head off to the market when the phone rings. It's the person staying at my house. (I don't live there, but it's where my office is and it's also storage for a good amount of my stuff.) Apparently the pipe that takes water to the dishwasher wasn't doing the stellar job it used to, and the water was squirting everywhere and running down a hole in the floor into the basement. You know, the basement where all my gear is. Well I guess it had being doing so for a good chunk of the night because when I got there, everything was so wet, it was simply running down the floor drains, it couldn't get any wetter in other words. Well a few hours later, we had emptied the basement, sucked up most of the water from the carpets, got a bunch of heaters, fans and dehumidifiers going and decided to address the damage. Thankfully only about 5 or 6 pairs of speakers are goners, 3 or 4 pairs are salvageable and a bunch of others are ok. Not so sure about the electronics, guess I'll find out when the time comes. A lot of it got sprayed but...we'll see.

This dark cloud continues to follow me. I wonder where I went wrong?

Hi Brian,
I hope you are feeling a little better today?

Nope, no insurance for something you have hooked up yourself. This is a roll around type dishwasher with clear, fiberglass reinforced flex hose rated to 600 lbs. Drill a hole under where it sits and run your hot water and drain hose down into the basement sink drain. The hot water in is hooked up to where the dishwasher originally was so we should have extended the copper pipe to the new location but being the 'handyman' I am, I chose this method. Now there was nothing wrong with it except that I didn't put it through a sleeve so after 15 years of rubbing where it passes through the floor, you get wear and tear. Since it doesn't get pulled out anymore, I don't bother to check, especially since I haven't lived there for 4.5 years. Insurance people don't like when you hook things up yourself. Not even going to call them.

I will lose some of the lesser stuff, nothing that high valued. That dehumidifier is doing a dandy job. I sucked up many buckets worth with the Shop-Vac but this thing is filling a 20 litre pail in one day. Amazing.

Cal just LOVES dry Altec :cool::cool::cool:

dry Altec..... its becoming a craze in Maplesyrupland!:spin:

.anyway I am delighted that he caught the idiot responsible for this disaster. Go on Cal, :smash: him.

Thanks re me...All healing well..dressings gone..pain when coughing fast decreasing but getting very very sleepy and have to kip for an hour in the daytime. Having a filthy cold is no help and sore throat from the 'airway opening tubes' very sore. But the lozenges take the edge off. :yawn:

Last edited: