The food thread

Yummy yummy, there's a party in my tummy. Canning lobsters were on sale. 4 of those for the two of us made the noodle/veggie dish kinda obsolete. Damn. :) Coarse salt, chillies and and a hint of sugar. Mmm...

Attachments

• IMG_7187.jpg
    IMG_7187.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_7193.jpg
    IMG_7193.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_7194.JPG
    IMG_7194.JPG
    745.1 KB · Views: 161
Poor little buggers didn't know what was coming to them! Does look tasty though.

I had the pleasantry of someone else buying me a nice meal out tonight. My sister just received her MBA, so my parents took the family out to a local restaurant, The Windjammer. Had my usual favorite there, Scallops baked in a cream sauce with leeks and bacon. The second trip there in a months time, both on the parents tab! Can't beat that!

Peace,

Dave

Nice looking bugs, Cal. Here on the right coast we like a little floor show before dinner:

View attachment 221909

Unfortunately, sometimes dinner gets the wrong idea:

View attachment 221910

Ahh , brings back memories. Rented a boat and 3 pots in maine for $30. Me and dad caught 4 fresh ones ! Mom wanted more, so we went to the fisherman's dock near Acadia national park to buy more for 3.50/lb :) . Now , local mart has the "bugs" for $14.95/lb !!! Gone are the "days". :( "fake" (pollock) crabmeat for 2$/lb is the "new world way" , at least it is alaskan.

OS

Prep is everything. Got a load of quality pig from Cosco, and still working it hard. I recomend the Sun Luck Curry Paste. Really easy to use, and can produce any thickness of sauce you want. Then I came upon something called "Rogan Josh Seasoning" Kind of sweet, so I use it with the Sun Luck and some cow fat like 2% milk. Thats fresh spinich, and little green onions over pasta. Still a little Chateau Ste Michelle left from the other night.
mmmmmmmm

Attachments

• IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    770.6 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    451.7 KB · Views: 113