The food thread

The secret: tadka.

agree :up:

And it needs to sizzle and sputter when it hits the lentils.

This Sri Lankan recipe is interesting though, for the use of coconut. Typically Sri Lankan spices are also roasted very dark, when ground they look like coffee.

My usual tadka is some cumin seeds, brown mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds (I love fenugreek), curry leaves, dried red chilis, a small hit of asafoetida (aka "hing"), maybe some garlic/ginger paste, fried in sesame oil.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Monday i did this fried noodles/veggies stuff, wednesday a simple potato salad with onions and a speed grilled porkchop.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    560.6 KB · Views: 46
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    553.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    468.2 KB · Views: 48
please don't

As of a week ago, I'm going through a parosmia period (cacosmia to be exact, a putrefactive scent/taste 24/7 is the most decent description)
Fair chance I'll have my nostrils hosed coming week, probing for polyps.
Punishment for my evil and sinful ways arrived sooner than you may have anticipated, Mr. Walton.

I have to take that out on someone, why not (pus)SY.