The Best Movies Ever Made

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
I'm the only one to actually like
:"Donny Darko" >>
Must be the tall rabbit that turns folks off
Second hand lions had some great lines, I really liked the one about believing in things ' "Truth; honour; justice; bravery not because they are true but because such things are worth believing in"

"Someone to Watch over me". Tom Berengen and Mimi Rogers. Director: Ridley Scott

Won't change your life but just very well done, great music including Sting and Roberta Flack singing the title track. Wonderfully evocative sax for some of the street shots. His (Scott's) trade mark great use of light. Some of the images of cut glass inside Ms Roger's flat live in the memory still.

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
What is the best film you have ever seen?

After looking at the horror film thread..

What is the best film you have ever watched..I'm not going to comment as yet..let others have a say..:D It can be anything..old or new.
I guess a comment would be good (why you think its the best)

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
LOL @SY :D

I can't for the life of me think of anything that I would say was the best film, but the thing that comes to mind is a mid 80's brittish drama series (6 episodes) Edge Of Darkness Remains to this day my favourite and I love the Clapton music that runs throughout.

Films that I can (and have) watched multiple times are 5th element (it's just a feel good movie) and Spirited Away (doesn't matter how many times I watch it I seem to see new things).

Tony.

Fight Club
The Tree of Life
American Beauty
The Shawshank Redemption
American History X
A Clockwork Orange
Requiem for a Dream
Full Metal Jacket
2001: A Space Odyssey
Rain Man

..And hundreds of others. You know, just the usual.
How to pick just one out of an endless number of movies?

Back to the Future
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Monsters, Inc.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Lost
lostsupper1_G_20100105113240.jpg

Last edited:
In no particular order:

> Ironiya Sudbyi (Irony of Fate) - if you understand a little about life in Russia 30 years ago you'd like this

> Terminator 2 - the liquid metal guy

> Master & Commander - an example of what is possible in terms of realism and sound quality that I've not yet seen equalled by any other move

> The Matrix 1 - it was the first of a kind (since over-done)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.