Symasym - the next generation (supersym)

Please, make the silkscreen so that we could easily see where the transistors are located, and oriented

The silkscreen is reversed (mirrored) because it is on the top of the PCB. If you want to see it real , tell abobe to mirror it again. It will show ALL the transistors and a "B" for all the to-126 and to-92 devices. The outputs will only go in one way !!

Maybe I will add that full color "parts placement" overlay to the PDF to further reduce any confusion.
OS in

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
I never suggested anything else, and to say thats all it was about is a poor simplification
But you should know that one option could lead to the next, naturally

May look strange, but thats my way of showing Ostripper respect
So what is good layout about then?
No doubt, Ostrippers choise of making it easy to solder is a perfectly valid decision
In that respect its surely also good to have sufficient space or "air" on the board, to make for an easy soldering
I suppose its good to have components and curcuits working together close to each other
And placing the longer lines where it matters less
I expect theres nothing wrong in having a driver close to output transistors
Or having a supply cap close to output transistors
I do know its more complicated, and I never said it wasnt
Theres also good theories about avoiding sharp bending lines and "blind ends"
And prefer having thin lines in some places, and more copper where its needed more
It does influence stability on high frequency curcuits
I never said it was simple
MJL have just been twisting everything I posted
That my post seem to cause nothing but trouble is not my doing
If its easier to ignore, please do
Surely I dont want it this way either
But to just say Im completely wrong is all too easy
Would be nicer to tell why or how, instead of just being negative

So , what is good layout about then?
Im here to learn, nothing else
I have no more to say on this matter

By tinitus - So , what is good layout about then? Im here to learn, nothing else I have no more to say on this matter

I would never deny a good discussion , as you see above ... I screwed up (still learning).

What is a good layout ? Hard to describe!!

First of all, it is one that works without oscillations or unwanted interactions. Looking good and being durable enough to withstand screwups is also desirable for a DIY PCB.

Minimizing hum , distortion , and having enough copper to handle the expected currents is "Good". Many OEM's design the boards to the form of the equipment and do not consider symmetry or the lowest THD ( a tradeoff - $$$). They compensate with trace lengths/widths and added capacitance especially in HT units.

As far as discussions on DIYA , don't let the criticism or :hot: :hot: :hot: ing get you down.. :) most are hobbyist's here , some earn a $$ off of it , but no one opinion is 100%. What a reasonably intelligent person can learn here in 1 year will get them a better than OEM experience , lot's of satisfaction , a few burnt parts and most of all .. patience. :)
OS

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
:cheerful:

I suppose its much like learning to play an instrument
You start with someone teaching you the basics
And if you work hard get skilled enough maybe then a better teacher will pass by, and teach more advanced stuff

I dont know, but I favour the ones who try harder and sometimes seems to achieve even more than those who do it so easily that they obviously are bored, and sound boring

In the end, perfection is actually just boring
It seem to me like its the tiny small flaws that attracts our attention

Well, lets quit talking and get on with show ;)

Thank you very much for the .lay. Wich one is the final version? OSY V14? My PCB Producer can not handle .lay, but with Sprint Layout you can convert to Gerber RS274X. Can you convert that for me (us)? I can´t do it, because i have not the Programm.

In Germany we built a lot of the famos SymAsym, but we look for a long time, for a stronger Amp that have enough Power for heavy Woofers in a active System. I think you have build the right Partner for the little SymAsyms. How many Power have your Amp?

The PDF supersym_pcb_V-1.1 can not open, it is defect. Have you maby a Instruction or a BOM for your Project? Do you matched any Transistor / FET´s?

Best regards and greetings Tommes

How many Power have your Amp?

The one I have running now (beginning of thread pix) , does 225w/8r - 350w/4r. Have run it on 2 -8r paralleled full range speakers and a 4r peerless woofer for extended periods.

Will build a 3 pair IRF240/9240 version next , offer amp at beginning of thread for next to nothing (sell or trade)and have a 350/500w version. This circuit seems to run V mosfets well.

tested the PDF (supersym v1.1) on abobe 5/7 and foxit reader - perfection.
OS

By hbarske - This is going to be the Mosfet thing?

Yes , I know it might offend the "purists" , but I am no fan of 6 pair OPS's. For my purposes 3 pair of IRF's will do , as I use mine for the full range speakers.

This will be a different "beast" with a separate OP board /.. - plugin input /VAS "daughtercard". No way to build myself into a corner anymore with a interchangable low current module. It will be easy to power it with a separate supply and all the extra room on the High current board will allow for 20kuf X 2 and fuses!!!

My daughtercard will allow me to bring this design "all the way" with
cascode/fet , maybe even SMD's.
OS

PS - 4-5 pair will do 400-500 / 700-800 !! ha ha
better have a 1500VA trafo @ 55-0-55vac

Attachments

• supersym_nmos.gif
    supersym_nmos.gif
    16.4 KB · Views: 1,966
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
No need to make boards for output section