Symasym - the next generation (supersym)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Came across some 5 years old SymAsym boardfile, which is probably still worth publishing. The schematic was already shown in this thread. Post # 54.
Is it an updated sym with excellent specs. The board was initially designed by Alex MM, and is a single-sided PCB, really great for home (DIY) etching.
This amplifier is already years in personal service and is one of my prefered DIY-amps.
The PCB is suitable and functional for a JFET or BJT diff. pair. If you apply a BJT diff. pair, then there is an optional offset adjustment arrangement on this boards.
Note: The PCB is layed-out for used a dual matched transistor LM394 input pair! The 2SK170 can be used without any modification.

Some highlights:

Low idle power dissipation, rock stable Triplet (CPF)/Compound OPS, fast voltage feedback amplifier.

Some specs:
THD(20k) : 45ppm @ 50W (BW: 80kHz)

Attachments

• Advanced Sym BJT input pair.JPG
    Advanced Sym BJT input pair.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 1,959
  • Adv. Sym Amp.png
    Adv. Sym Amp.png
    131.9 KB · Views: 2,037
  • Advanced Sym PCB.JPG
    Advanced Sym PCB.JPG
    183.3 KB · Views: 1,912
  • Advanced SymAsym silk.JPG
    Advanced SymAsym silk.JPG
    244.7 KB · Views: 1,800
  • Advanced Sym Copper Bottom.JPG
    Advanced Sym Copper Bottom.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 1,725
  • Advanced Sym Copper Bottom.pdf
    66.3 KB · Views: 618
Etching a PCB

hi Carlmart,

This is my etching method:
The PCB layout is printed 1:1 on paper by means of a (laser) printer or copier machine. Sunflower-seed oil is used to make the white part of the layout paper.
I use lithography to transfer the design and ammonium persulfate for etching. (PCB Etching)

The shown lay-outs are all exactly the same and original PCB files, there's no difference!

Several years ago I tried the dual matched FET 2N2912 on this board, it worked without problems. Other dual TO-78 FET's need to be tested in this particular design but probably would work also. The 2SK389 would be a very nice option, but has a different footprint.

have fun building!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.