STK chips

daniel,
that's one heck of a reply! or rather a series of replies! :D

thank you for the effort which I appreciate very much.
a good reading material during the weekend!, need some time to 'digest' this... ;)

I'll take a look at my kit current setup and will make a note to where 'improvements' can be made..

Have a great weekend! :up:

jazzy939 said:
daniel,
that's one heck of a reply! or rather a series of replies! :D

thank you for the effort which I appreciate very much.
a good reading material during the weekend!, need some time to 'digest' this... ;)

I'll take a look at my kit current setup and will make a note to where 'improvements' can be made..

Have a great weekend! :up:

Improvements? I don't know that. Earlier I wrote about options.

Well, if it already sounds great, document your current setup, and proceed with care.

Have fun!! :D

STK Modules for sale

Thought I'd post to this forum a list of STK modules for sale.

I picked up some vintage STK modules at a ham fest. Pls let me know if interested.
These are all original to my knowledge and came from a drawer chest that was used by a tech in the 80's. Also contained many power transistors (Hitachi, NEC, SanKen etc.)

Here's a list of the modules:
STK-011
STK-433
STK-0039
STK-040
STK-0050
STK-054
STK-056a
STK-077
STK-080
STK-0177
STK-0182
STK-459
STK-4181V
STK-463
STK-8270

Any help in value would be appreciated.

Specs for most can be found at audiolabga dot com or cross referenced to NTE.

Would like these to find a home with someone afflicted with the DIYaudio disease.

PM me if interested.

Thx.

Thought I'd post to this forum a list of STK modules for sale.

I picked up some vintage STK modules at a ham fest. Pls let me know if interested.
These are all original to my knowledge and came from a drawer chest that was used by a tech in the 80's. Also contained many power transistors (Hitachi, NEC, SanKen etc.)

Here's a list of the modules:
STK-011
STK-433
STK-0039
STK-040
STK-0050
STK-054
STK-056a
STK-077
STK-080
STK-0177
STK-0182
STK-459
STK-4181V
STK-463
STK-8270

Any help in value would be appreciated.

Specs for most can be found at audiolabga dot com or cross referenced to NTE.

Would like these to find a home with someone afflicted with the DIYaudio disease.

PM me if interested.

Thx.

If you like music, then you won't want to sell the STK 459 and 463. They are a standard by which you can judge other amplifiers. For use, see the Technics SA80 service manual. Benefits: Pretty bass like LM3886, but without the lousy upper midrange of the modern chips. Those two STK will sound like you spend a small fortune on a discrete amplifier. Power output is 25w per channel at 0.08% THD and a heck of alot more power before it ever gets to 1%. They'll beat the majority of 70 watt per channel amplifiers in every way.

I just thought you'd like to know.

First of all Hi everyone, I'm new here on the forum. Theme track for a long time. I apologize to the moderators as I write in an old topic but I do not like to open a new one.

I have a Sharp sx 8800h gy who transferred to Peavej box. Outputs STK4050II. I am interested in whether it is possible to work STK on 4ohm?
Currently working on a 16ohm but would be ideal if he could get a 200W to 4ohm.
Amplifier will be used and at parties and you will need to be reliable!

Once I burned the STK that was linked to 5.3ohm but he worked six hours at full load, which was much higher than 200W. It is has been enhanced to the extent of distortion. Over that began with distortion that is heard.

Now I'm on a channel connected to just 18 "and the second to tie the two satellites simultaneously power 2x160W (10" bass and piezo horn)

Is it possible to work on the 4ohm? As I said, do not need more power from the 200W!

Sorry for bad English.

Thank you in advance.
Greetings everyone!

Ackopk.

First of all Hi everyone, I'm new here on the forum. Theme track for a long time. I apologize to the moderators as I write in an old topic but I do not like to open a new one.

I have a Sharp sx 8800h gy who transferred to Peavej box. Outputs STK4050II. I am interested in whether it is possible to work STK on 4ohm?
Currently working on a 16ohm but would be ideal if he could get a 200W to 4ohm.
Amplifier will be used and at parties and you will need to be reliable!

Once I burned the STK that was linked to 5.3ohm but he worked six hours at full load, which was much higher than 200W. It is has been enhanced to the extent of distortion. Over that began with distortion that is heard.

Now I'm on a channel connected to just 18 "and the second to tie the two satellites simultaneously power 2x160W (10" bass and piezo horn)

Is it possible to work on the 4ohm? As I said, do not need more power from the 200W!

Sorry for bad English.

Thank you in advance.
Greetings everyone!

Ackopk.

Yes you can operate the STK4050II on 4 ohm loads provided you reduce the power supply voltage to a level that makes 4 ohm safe without exceeding the transistors' safe operating area or generating excessive heat.

http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheets2/16/1638798_1.pdf
Reference STK4044 for 100 watts to 8 ohm uses 51,0,51 DC rails.
Maximum STK4050 for 200 watts to 4 ohm is slightly lower voltage.
If higher voltage, chip is broken.
You can change your transformer to 35,0,35 (or less).

But 4 ohm speakers are still a bad idea with STK4050--Your amplifier will last longer if you don't run 4 ohm speakers.

Last edited:
Hi Robert,
I just posted a question about STK4048XI and then I saw this one.That was very intereasting and detailed discussion on the subject of STK4048. I was about to start project with this chip; also planing to use STK3152 III driver as preamp. But I do not have diagram what parts go around 3152 if I want to connect it to 4048. Can you maybe help with that. Here is my e-mail address if you want to reply. I will appreciate very much any help around this.
Regards,
Tomo Mlinarich
sarplaninac101@hotmail.com

Quick question: I've got Sharp Amp that uses STK4141II, one channel is perfect, other gets constant 25 VDC voltage. I think STK is 50% damaged, since input line fuse was burnt. Strange enough, output speaker fuses 3.15A are both intact.

I can't find STK4141II locally and S&H would be too high to order from US, can I use STK4171II or STK4142II as a drop-in replacement chip? They are both available for 5 EUR which is great.

Still googling PDFs, very hard to find apparently. :(

Thanks in advance!

Well, to reply to myself :) I ordered STK4171II, it is compatible with the lower-power 4141II. According to the book '5000 Integrated Circuits Power Audio Amplifiers Data Book" it is also compatible with 4142II, but with higher THD. Now to keep fingers crossed and hope it will work...

Darko

If the chip is fried, as one channel was in my post above yours, than you have to replace it.

Is the board from a factory built amp are DIY? Was it working before? If yes, it is most likely burned, which manifests with high VDC on output.

There are only few external components that set its operation, feedback/gain, input separation etc. so that should be easy to check.

STK413-430 is a newer production power amplifier, capable of 20W per channel at 1%THD, or significantly better quality when used at less output; and it can be found in JVC and other home theater products. Visually, it is the rectangular chip with the big molded-in "orbit" symbol encircling the 9 dots, quite similar to many STK found in CD-era mass market audio. Usually STK413-430 based systems would come along with a whole outfit involving satellite speakers and a separately powered subwoofer.