Spawn Olson/Nagaoka Horns the Next Generation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
no matter how long you've been together that's always hard to predict, and unwise to ignore: there are more things we can't be changed that will pi$$ them off, "unacceptable" audio gear is an easy sacrifice

I completely agree, thats why I have insisted on a study being built when we have some renovation work carried out, it helped pointing out the advantages of not having all this 'mess' in the main part of the house :cool:

Score one for me :D

Mostly it just shows that Olson's original BLH concepts load the driver well enough to alter its specs somewhat. IOW design a horn with the desired in-room response and within reason a wide range of drivers will work acceptably well.

His original 15" 'full-range' corner horn studio monitor's response with loading to 30 Hz when recordings could only get down to a rolled off ~50-60 Hz:

GM

Attachments

• Olsen RCA LC1A cornerhorn.gif
    Olsen RCA LC1A cornerhorn.gif
    33.7 KB · Views: 708
Mostly it just shows that Olson's original BLH concepts load the driver well enough to alter its specs somewhat. IOW design a horn with the desired in-room response and within reason a wide range of drivers will work acceptably well.

His original 15" 'full-range' corner horn studio monitor's response with loading to 30 Hz when recordings could only get down to a rolled off ~50-60 Hz:

GM

Hi Greg,

That graph is pretty impressive for any era! I wish my speakers measured as well.

In case anyone's wondering, I'm not "that" Olson, I'm the other one.
:confused:

Best Regards,
TerryO

Dear all,

Question:

Where (if anywhere) are the simulated low frequency responses of these enclosures?

Apologies, only just noticed this. They'll be on their FH page when it's done, but don't hold your breath -FH3 has been around for the best part of, what, 2 years now & we still haven't had chance to update the site. Time = something neither Dave nor myself have much of at present. :bawling:

Dear Scott,

I am about to begin building the Haruna design using Fostex FE 166EN. Would like to seek your recommendation on the path of the internal speaker wire. Would it be appropriate to drill a hole in the bottom panel of the driver chamber and seal any gaps with silicone... or .. is it more appropriate to follow the path through the folds?

Do you have any recommendations for the base? Spikes or Granite Slab?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.