Spawn Olson/Nagaoka Horns the Next Generation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks Chris and Scott. That's what I wanted to hear.
Chris, I looked at the valiant, I like that design also. If it were you which of the two would you rather have?

Keep in mind they are targeted for quite different applications, and the BK12 meets its design goals, but etween the BK12 and Valiant? Assuming the space for the latter to fully blossom .... no contest as far as I'm concerned.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
My job to that on the paid plans fringy (free plans will only get a discourse on how to approach doing it yourself)... i may have already, i know 15mm exists (that's what we built the protos with)

I can only access the CAD files on my newer laptop upstairs, so can't check ATM. Email me and we'll make it happen.

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
18mm version of Kongo you mean? Probably, since it's a popular sheet material thickness, although it might take Dave a little while to draw it up.

I have just bought the valiant plans

The plans up at the download location had 18mm plans, but i posted an update this evening (Scott will send you the URL) and added 15mm and a couple or three support pages.

dave

Hi Dave/Scott.

Sorry for not being clear (and the delay in replying) Yes, I did mean 18mm plans for the new Kongo design.

3/4 " works out to 19mm and this is not a readilly available thickness in NZ. I can get bucket loads of C/D ply (used for contrusction) and a couple of suppliers will make me some 19mm, but it is prohibatively expensive :(

Thanks.

Tim

Hi Dave/Scott.

Sorry for not being clear (and the delay in replying) Yes, I did mean 18mm plans for the new Kongo design.

3/4 " works out to 19mm and this is not a readilly available thickness in NZ. I can get bucket loads of C/D ply (used for contrusction) and a couple of suppliers will make me some 19mm, but it is prohibatively expensive :(

Thanks.

Tim

I think something like this would be your best bet sonically :

IBS Hardwood Plywood

It appears to have a higher ply count than the product with speakers as indicated use:

IBS Araucoply - Deco Select Plywood

The Hardcore Formply would probably sound quite decent as well, but the surface coating would likely make fabrication very tricky - easy enough to cut, but gluing is another matter.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member

For the free plans you'll have to use the (unwritten, but in my head) algorithm for converting from 3/4" -- unless i get a decent "bribe" to do the drawings.

Plans in all manner of material size are available, or available on request, for the paid plan-sets.

dave

For the free plans you'll have to use the (unwritten, but in my head) algorithm for converting from 3/4" -- unless i get a decent "bribe" to do the drawings.

Plans in all manner of material size are available, or available on request, for the paid plan-sets.

dave

Hi Dave.

Thanks :) not sure how deep my pockets are but happy to bribe :)

I can do the conversions, but as you know end up with fractions of a mm which is pretty much impossible. I have found an imperial tape measure, but as I am aware, these plans do require a certain level of precision and with all of these 1mm differnces would end up being considerable.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.