Spawn Olson/Nagaoka Horns the Next Generation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Scott, i love how they are about the same height and depth. DIYers can build them in stages and get a bit of an upgrade without having to change around their listening space. It's apparent you were disciplined in their design, keeping things as consistent as possible. I always wanted to build a double mouthed horn… maybe one day (when things settle down a bit) I will build one of these.

Fostex should pay you royalties.

Ill ask again. Will I experience worthwhile improvements with the kongo over thed bk-12. I'm very pleased with the bk-12 but if the kongo is noticebly better I would like to build them. I do plan to build the 206 version but really like the idea of a small driver.

Having heard a variety of single and double mouth horn-ish designs using FE126E/En over the past 10yrs - including the BK12 - I'd suggest that providing you have the room for them to work, the Kongo would substantially "out-scale" the BK12.

I'm also a big fan of the Valiant

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.