Spawn of Frugel-Horn

Greets!

Not trying to put you down, just show you an option. There's enough absolutes in audio system design as it is, no sense in needlessly adding any more IMO.

Yeah, you ideally need OB, EBS, or sealed in such rooms, so a BLH would have to be damped to a fare-thee-well, rendering any useful subjective assessment virtually impossible.

GM

Yes Dave, have a go at it :whip:

Especially depth of the Sachico plenum chamber is something I need to see the light. What's more, having that and doing a bit of W.A.G. I could try to run the contraption through AJHorn...just for fun - as soon as I can find the money I'll build them anyway. Would be nice to compare the simulations, though.

Cheers Pit

Ummmm Scott or Dave would this little gem work in a Harvey?

Ciare hx132

Nennimpedanz/Gleichstromwiderstand: 8/6,8 Ohm
Resonanzfrequenz: 65 Hz
Gütefaktoren(Qms/Qes/Qts): 1,96 / 0,73 / 0,53
Äquivalenzvolumen(Vas): 15 Liter
Effektive Membranfläche(Sd): 84 cm²
Antriebsfaktor(BL): 4,95 Wbm
Schwingspulenüberhang(Xmax): 4,25 mm
Schwingspuleninduktivität(Le): 0,2 mH

Apparently a great little driver.

Look at the Xmax of the thing!

Cheers Stroop

Fast1one said:
I wouldnt suppose modified versions of these enclosures would work with the Aura NS3-194-8E? Im having a hard time finding a suitable enclosure for these. They dont need to dip that low, but it would be nice. I already have them in hand so I dont know what to do with them...

Is that the one with the Fs of 125Hz? If so, then no chance. Sorry.

Re Hiro, the Nagaoka baxes can be treated like a regular horn. The BVRs (Harvey, Iris, Bruce & others) as Dave says, are basically BR boxes & need the same treatment. Line the chamber, some bracing of it wouldn't go amiss either.

Greets!

Did a BLH too that someone asked for and AFAIK chickened out on building:

GM

Attachments

• aura sound ns3-194-8e blh.jpg
    aura sound ns3-194-8e blh.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 902
Oh my dear

It is finally finished.
The first DIY speaker project in my life.
Many thanks to Scottmoose for his advice.
Oh No...., It is not finished yet.
The most important thing is missing... the driver, I am still waiting (and keep waiting...) for the FE126E that I ask one of my friend to buy it for me in Japan. The sole agent in HongKong is selling it at a crazy price and one month lead time.

It really took me more time than I did expected. The most time consuming is waiting each layer of glue on the ply wood to dry until I could stack another. I am using 6 layer of 1/8" ply wood to make each curve section. Only ordinary cheapy ply wood is used in this cabined. I also have to glued up two 1/2" ply wood to get 1" thick pannel. (I can hardly find 1" thick ply wood board in Hong Kong. Imported Finland ply wood board with 1" thickness is rare and expensive here)

I will post the construction process and plan of this cabinets in web later. Here is some photo

fruqel2.JPG

fruqel3.JPG

fruqel1.JPG