Spawn of Frugel-Horn

Scott,
yes, I know what you are researching in daylight hours. You should have chosen German warships for your topic - less material to read trough, as that part of naval history proved to be a problem when wet.

Dave,
stop woodbashing for a minute and get us the blueprint - my neighbors need training in foottappig to the music at 3am.

:drink:Pit

Dave,
It would be great if you could make the drawings available in an ACAD compatible format, preferably as dwgs. I don't think I'm alone in having ACAD available, but not Vectorworks, and it would make redrawing the speakers quicker. Either way, you are doing a great job. :)

@ Scott - you should have chosen German warships for your thesis. Much less literature to work through, as their history used to be somewhat shortish.

@ Dave - no matter in whatever fomat, but get us the Sachico plan! My neighbours believe I'm a decent person (Buschhorn horns Mk1), which is a state of mind that has to be dealt with.

:bomb: Pit

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Pit Hinder said:
@ Dave - no matter in whatever fomat, but get us the Sachico plan! My neighbours believe I'm a decent person (Buschhorn horns Mk1), which is a state of mind that has to be dealt with.

It really doesn't have enuff information to do a gif or a pdf (still i've attached a tease). I did export an AutoCad 2000 DWG, if anyone wants it mail me... it is a 1/3rd the size of the original so i don't know how much information was lost, but at least it should be enuff to figure out how big the pieces are.

dave

Note: i haven't drawn a 206e yet so if has a 207e in it

Attachments

• sachico-v0.gif
    sachico-v0.gif
    30.5 KB · Views: 886
Well now, that is extremely interesting. 1937. I really should have known better than to assume that the stepped expansion was a Japanese-only thing, given the amount of work that was done on horns & their variations in the US during the 1920s - '40s. As ever, many thanks Greg. Both for the historical correction, and for pointing out an interesting piece of reading -I kid thee not, I've never seen this before. I think I'm going to enjoy this.

Time to do a swift re-write for the Spawn intro!

All the best
Scott

Scottmoose - It looks like the Olson patent contains the cabinet used as an example in the 1974 Dinsdale paper. I took a look at the expansion rate you used in the Sachico, and it looks like 40Hz catenoid to me (see attached pdf) is that correct?:)

Attachments

• sachico_curves_2007_feb04.pdf
    28.4 KB · Views: 207
planet10 - Thank you for the nice drawings, and all the other work you do for this community. You might get me to install AutoCAD 2000 after all, I still use ACAD14 as I have not found the Bonus Tools that came with ACAD14 in ACAD2000. Anyway, I have redrawn Sachico in AutoCAD already, I'll enclose it
as a pdf.

Attachments

• sachico_all_2007_feb04.pdf
    55.2 KB · Views: 173
Scottmoose - Thanks to you too for the nice designs. I have tried to model Sachico in Hornresponse, and it looks pretty good, better then some other BLH I have tried. I do not have enough experience with this program to know if I'm entering the values correctly, maybe you can find a moment to look at the attached jpg.
I tried to post over the weekend, but there seemed to be some
network (?) problems, and I'm still under moderation, so its hard to respond quickly to posts.

Attachments

• fe206e_sachico_original_hornresp_input.jpg
    fe206e_sachico_original_hornresp_input.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 605