Spawn of Frugel-Horn

Did you have to steam the wood to bend them? Did you make a jig?

Not at all.
For the rear pannel with larger radius of curvature, I slize a series of line along the bend region with a cutter and perpendicular to the lenght of the ply wood piece at about 1 mm depth and 5mm separation in the inner curve surface of the bend. (I got the method by trial and error)

For the smaller radius of curvature, I build a jig that allow me to use a ciruclar saw to cut series of grooves at about 1 to 1.5mm depth and 6mm separation in the inner curve surface.

During the gluing, you need many of clips.

fruqel6.JPG

BVR calculations

Hi!
I would like to ask about the BVR box calculations.
I know and understand how they works, but how do you calculate the box for such a BVR type? Like Klangform Akustik did with the Replikon?

-How to calculate the Vb (Coupling Chamber) size? Like in the normal BR way?

-How to calculate the vent size??????
I know with vents, the larger a radius, the longer it needs to be, etc, but in this BVR style the vent is tapered! The original Helmholtz equation is working only with paralel sided vents. (constant vents with equal openings)
So, how can I calculate the lenght of a flared vent??
Should I use the "horn throat" as a port or the "horn mouth" is better?

-How do you choose the size of the "horn throat"?

-How do you choose the size of the "horn mouth"?

Greets:

Tyimo

Calc. Vb from BR formulas to give whatever alignment you want. Vents are taken from regular horn theory to match the reflex alignment, with 1/8 wavelength. There's more to it than that of course, partciularly when we start to bring different profiles into play, but that will get you started so you can experiment yourself. Start with exponential as it's easiest.