Spawn of Frugel-Horn

Scottmoose said:
Having said all that, in practice the dip doesn't appear to be audible -FWIW, I never noticed it myself, and I don't think anyone else did either -no-one mentioned it anyway.

IMO the dip is there, but only noticeable really by comparison. Swapping with a pair of iBIBs, the Harveys seemed a bit leaner (bit smaller?) in the lower vocal range. Stress on the 'bit'.

BTW Dave - love the Frugal-Horn.com site - especially that exceptional pic of the nearly-finished Harvey! ;) Seriously, it gives me a warm glow to think that something I've done is worthy of inclusion. Thank you.

Cheers
DAve

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Mikasa 1v0 is now up

mikasa.gif

dave

Pit Hinder said:
:D GM - hard to keep abreast with the young crowd, innit? Gun law in Georgia being as it is, and knowing about your "shy" SPL one wonders how you survive your neighbours' comments anyway.
As to the sims coming by the broadside - oh BOY! I use AJHorn, so input has to be done digit by digit...and the prog is notoriously pessimistic.
Greets to an old hand...neighbour just got himself a '68 Bonnie - weren't they luffly bikes?

Pit

Greets!

Tell me about it! Most of mine are illegal aliens now though, so don't make any 'waves'. Indeed, if they do something I don't like, all I have to do is mention it and it stops since the last thing they want is to become a 'person of interest' to the authorities. You can imagine what kind of response I would have gotten back when it was populated with 'Red, White, n' Blue collar' families and their loaded gun rack in the PU truck's rear window.

I just looked at AJ's on-line manual and some of the horn simming capability is quite advanced/useful if remotely accurate.

Indeed! My first new bike was a black '66 that I gold pin-striped. Unfortunately, its beauty was only skin deep, it's the only bike I've owned that required more maintenance than the few HD's I've had. It did force me to learn a lot about vibration damping that I've put to good use on numerous projects over the decades though.

GM

Peter, easy explanation about girlfriends and vibes. It's like driver breakin (interesting thread on that elsewhere, and yes Bob you got it right) It gives "good" :angel: girls an excuse to be as randy as they are - "Mama, I just couldn't say no"...some severe scientific research needed, send me as many test specimens as you can catch alive.

:angel: Pit

Advise please: Sachiko, bruce or 208e sigma for my EX3's?

Having gained sufficient WAF points to add a third pair of speakers and having my half price EX3's sitting in the bedroom long enough for my wife to complain about them. I have to strike while the iron is hot and get building in the next couple of weeks...in a paris flat this is a major step as it means no living room until the project is finished.

This will be my last speaker project for a while (3rd in 18 months) so I would like to make it the best I can.

The MJK project 5 Fe207e MLTLs are good, the homegrown WinISD AN8S bass-reflex with cheap Jamo sub combo for the old PC I have are fine too. I reckon topping off the set with some Lowther horns should be enough for the moment....but which ones??

Insights more than welcome. Scottmoose has already modeled the 208 cabs and they look pretty good. I suppose that I'm hoping that the opinion of this group will be that either Bruce or Sachiko would be a significant improvement as I really like the look of both of them.

Thanks in advance

Peter

Dave,

#1 - Scott's scolarly presentation...being a fan of the Richard Bolitho novels I'd like to be there.

#2 CC and Sachiko (ain't there a Japanese speaker around to help us with the correct spelling?) - bit of a p.i.t.a. , really. Old German literature states a CC is nothing but a low pass, but exerience and sims say:bawling: . AJHorn doesn't consider the 90° 180°'s angles attenuating unwanted midrange, so there's another headache.
To quote an old Monty Python song: life is s^^t when you look at it.

Pit

Keeping my fingers crossed for Sachiko....

...and hopefully your advice as to tuning the cc to match the EX3s as eventually I will have to tell my better half that the lowthers are instead of a new television and I am sure that easy access to funds and monopolising the living room will become somewhat constrained.

cheers

Peter

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Provisional 1v0 plans for Sachiko are now up (i say provisional because one omission has already been pointed out)

Please have a look and send suggestions & corrections.

Note that by changing the width of the internal panels you can use these plans to make Hiro (which means official Hiro plans should get posted soon)

dave

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Scott, I have studied your plans fore BVR "Spawn Famely"

Is there any explanation to how you select/measure slit/slot opening before the throat

In my simple mind I would think that if you have 2 throats of each 3/4".... then the slit/slot opening should be at least double of that ....1 1/2"

excuse me if I have missed something obvious

:clown: