Smaller Leach Amp V1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok, about the holes but I'm not totallt happy about your speaker ground but still the most obvious is the feedback whis is directly connected to distortion. If it's not too late fix that! EDIT: You have fixed it, didn't see it above. :up:

For me I think it's important to have short traces with high currents especially when it's all about a fast amp. I'm a bit worried about magnetic induction by long high current traces.

All my thoughts here is pure speculation so I may be right but maybe it turns up that it hadn't so great influence as I thought.

Leach Klone production run looming.

Hi,
only 3 group buyers in the UK!
and all going for 6 boards!
is 5.1 surround just starting to catch on?
wait till the flood starts, another group buy?
or do we not care about quality?
any integrated rubbish will do because 99.7% of us have never heard anything better.
or is it wife (oops! non pc. partner - male or female) factor.
anyway I am patiently awaiting my delivery & then I can start ordering parts to fit the board.
little dig coming - no alternative pin pitches to allow flexibility in component selection. it's easy to provide 4 holes for To92 to give bce or cbe alternatives.

Re: Leach Klone production run looming.

AndrewT said:
no alternative pin pitches to allow flexibility in component selection. it's easy to provide 4 holes for To92 to give bce or cbe alternatives.

Since I made the layout to fit the parts that I will be using, there is no need for alternative pin spacing or 4 pin TO-92 footprints. I started out offering the PCB “as is” but have changed some of the things that I found to be actual improvements - Thanks to all that came with actual ideas. If you are unhappy with the board as it is now, I humbly suggest making your own – I did…..

Don’t refer to other peoples jobs as being easy unless your are willing to step up and do it your self – DIY.

\Jens

small sleeves is it!

even with the layout as it is, different to92 footprint from that on the board can be accomodated just by using thin heatshrink sleeves (1mm) in the collector lead of the to92 and then interchange the base-collector leads very easily. it can be done neatly too!

parts group buy

Ohhh....boards...great!

ahhh...

What's up with the parts group buy?

I'm referring to Post #93 where jleaman said:

Since i have done a group buy and i know what is involved i will do another : O ) I'll be ofering a group buy for parts for this leach amp. Also a group buy on the boards BUT i will only be offering this near teh middle of may 2005

Id like to get some of these board's my self.

Time flys right? The middle of May has come and gone, and a number of people have signed up for parts.

Any word on this? Is it still alive?

Hi, All,

I have send majority of the invoices out. There are couple members did not wish to receive email through the forum & basic search did not reveal some members. And I am just too lazy to do extensive search (reading to all the threads to find).
Therefore, if you did not receive an email from me. Then please email me at:
ficustreed at yahoo dot com

Also, I have some 180pF/500V 5% silver mica caps. I think I pay 20 cents each for them. So if you would like some, let me know. I can get the 10pF and the 39pF also.

Please email me soon for the boards to be order on time. Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.