Shigaclone MKII Black - The builders Thread

hi guys,

is hearing the motor spinning normal? it happens to 3 of my sanyo mechs. i seat about 10 feet in front of the speaker. is this normal or i just happen to have bad sanyo mechs? this also happens with the original jvc.

Regards

Some mechanics are noisier than others even from same manufacturer. I get rid of any noise using a tinny drop of teflon oil.

Regards,
Tibi

Those two are soldered on the plastic ribbn cable for the sanyo mecha... so unless I find a way to solder them elsewhere as filter of the filter, that one is not going to happen for me... :(

Hi Dimitri,
I am getting ready to mod my gold ribbon version of the Sanyo mech which I know you have done. I used the recommended caps on the standard mech I have done but as I remember you did something a little different since the ribbon space was so demanding. I have been searching thread but I can't find. I thought you used silver mica's for both XR5's, do you have any documentation as to which value went to which pads? Thanks for any insight! I have just done mods to mechanics so far as I am working on Peter Daniels TDA1543 DAC which I am putting the finishing touches on now and next move to full time work on transport!!
Steve

I'm sorry to use a user picture, but this is a clear example on how not to connect CD mechanic to Shiga MKII.
It is critical to not twist or bend ribbon cable.
Main board must be mounted such way that cable is straight and allow smooth operation of optical unit.

Regards,
Tibi

Attachments

• DSC_0010.jpg
    DSC_0010.jpg
    950.6 KB · Views: 537
I'm sorry to use a user picture, but this is a clear example on how not to connect CD mechanic to Shiga MKII.
Main board must be mounted such way that cable is straight and allow smooth operation of optical unit.

Regards,
Tibi

Tibi, so as picture shown the mechanism should rotate clock wise 90 degrees to smoothen the ribbon?

Regards,
Tibi

Wow, I'm a little confused ( well that's normal ). I'm not an engineer, but I am a tech. Built research test equipment for NASA for the past 30 yrs. If the connectors are in correctly, and the wire is not pinched anywhere, what difference dose it make if the cable is not straight and flat? Even in the picture, nothing seems pinched, and if the connectors are in place correctly, Why is this a bad way to run the cable from brd. to mechanics? I'm not knocking anything you say. I'm just curious. I do learn new stuff once in a while. Like I have never heard in my time working for NASA, That mounting the SMD capacitors on their side makes for less noise. Even asked a bud, that does nothing but assembly of Flight equipment( stuff going into space) and he never heard such a thing either. So I eager to learn more. Thank you.