Shigaclone MKII Black - The builders Thread

installed burson series 2 superreg on v1 and v2 and i would say that it was a big improvement. very black background, imaging is better, more 3 dimensional. very airy..

thank you tibi, and to everyone for the support

:up:

You'll need to shorter that wires, especially ones for gnd.
I also suggest you to replace stock s/pdif cable with best coaxial you can afford.
Cover ic's with a thin Cu foil. You can do this to main power supply caps as well.
Now you have a XXXXX $ player who deserve highest atrention in smallest details.

Regards,
Tibi

:up:

You'll need to shorter that wires, especially ones for gnd.
I also suggest you to replace stock s/pdif cable with best coaxial you can afford.
Cover ic's with a thin Cu foil. You can do this to main power supply caps as well.
Now you have a XXXXX $ player who deserve highest atrention in smallest details.

Regards,
Tibi

will do Tibi. it's just a mock up for now. will build a case soon.
tthanks much

what are you guys using as dac for this transport?

Do try SUbbu DAC from this forum .
You will be amazed .
I have for this transport the following DAC :
1.TDA1541 x 4 DAC , spdif , optic, usb ,Aes/EBU input
2.TDA1541 x 2 DAc , Nakamiki , spdif input
3.TDA1541 x 1 DAC , Red Baron DAC + SALAS shunt , spdif (DIR 9001) , usb (Tenor) input
4.ESS SUBU DAC ESS ES9023, WM8804 , spdif , optic input
5.2496 DAC AKM AKM 4396 , spdif input
6.USB/SPDIF Peter Daniel tda1543 DAC
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-line-level/166807-dac-gallery-14.html
working on : 7. Low cost ES9018 DAC board
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group-buys/251550-low-cost-es9018-dac-board-gb.html

Well this is something new.
It never hapen before to have a dead mechanic due laser.

I would susspect: laser protection solder bulb not properly removed (use a multimeter and measure exactly over), ribbon cable twisted or broken, main board connector have short or bad solder.

Regards,
Tibi

Hallelulija, 18 tracks with the new transport :) It works!!!

So the old one got busted in transport in some way. Thanks Tibi for sending the replacement. :up: :D

Regards

i'm using Peter Daniels balanced TDA1543

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/audio-sector/187748-pushing-limits-tda1543-nos-dac.html

but with transformers instead of capacitors on the output
front.jpg

/Anders

I've heard one of these dacs before and i liked it. too bad i couldn't afford it tmat that time.

Pucks

Yesterday I completed 3 identical laserboards after again testing if my ears did not decieve modification after modification...end conclusion you really need all the mods done and tested by the AWESOME HARDCORE (Tibi, Dimitri and me) :D

So I tested the Pucks...the Magnet against the Tibi Alu against the Delrin Combo.

The end result was that the magnet HAS to be ditched because the Tibi Alu puck sounds much nicer to the ears, the magnet introduces harshess and violins become a bit aggresive.
The Delrin combo is the clear winner by actually making the orchestra sound bigger and fuller. ;) Unfortunately that is a bit expensive and done in the Netherlands as a customized job :eek:

Last edited: