Seas FA22RCZ full range project

1.5 Way Open Baffle

Here is a picture of my Dumb and Dumber Dumb and a Half Twin Turbo Open Baffle

It works

Attachments

• 1_5.JPG
    1_5.JPG
    152.7 KB · Views: 2,117
hey nikko tell us what results did you got from the measurements.?

I am quite satisfied with the sound. Very good bass respons and the midrange is clear.
I only have the H6 clone to compare with and i would say the h6 stops and starts more presise.
My fullrange is a bit slower but it has a mighty bass respons and a rich soundstage
I have used a 0,68mh inductor and a 5,6ohm resistor for baffel step and damping. And impedance correction filter with a 33uF condensator and 10ohm resistor. mounted on the amplifier side of the filter it will say before the inductor and the resistor used as damping.
I have also used damping material on the top, back and one side in the box.
The damping material is standard acousto-q damping material.
over all it's has a nice soundstage maybee not Highend but it shure is good.
i placed it 6cm over the floor on spikes and 80 cm from the back wall and 50 cm from side wall that's what works best in my room. :)

Karsten, i call it a multiresonator. I am still working on it. At first i put the reflex tube on the top near the driver. That created something like an anti resonator so there is little energy under 70Hz. I will now try to put the reflex tube at the bottom in the last camber and see how that works.

Hi Gerhard,

that sounds good.

I want to build a pair of speaker for our livingroom (35qm). The amp ist a Mission M-Time (cyrus solidstate amps in a tv/video version) with integreated woofers. This is our "2. Anlage" :)confused:)

In my opinion these fullrange speaker could be a good solution.

regards
Karsten

ps. In a second project I try to join a Neo Pro 5i wiht a Salabert PHY. Thist HT ist realy a graet speaker :)))))

Sorry I though ten was too big. I didn't realize even 8 inches where too big. These are 4 and 6 inch drivers design I guess now. Hey guys I am starting a tqwt restoration for my mum. One of my best built failures but I think I know why they did now. They might be what you might call a cyburg needle. There very close to that design with a fe103 acr. I am going to start a thread and post some pictures . Hope you guys can see the mods I need to make to make them work.

I didn't check all the previous posts in this thread, hence sorry if this was mentioned before.

The nice German speaker DIY magazine Klang & Ton published an interesting old-fashioned design for this speaker: a triangular box on feet that's open at the bottom. The cabinet shape helps to avoid standing waves, and the open bottom seems to work well.
Unlike most of their fullrange designs, they did not add a correction filter.
The article also posted their measurements, including a helpful waterfall diagram.

Here you can find a picture and a description (in German). On this web-shop they propose a filter as well (though it wasn't in the magazine article, unless I overlooked it):
Breezer

Klang & Ton Breezer

The nice German speaker DIY magazine Klang & Ton published an interesting old-fashioned design for this speaker: a triangular box on feet that's open at the bottom. ...

Here you can find a picture and a description (in German). On this web-shop they propose a filter as well (though it wasn't in the magazine article, unless I overlooked it):
Breezer

Hi all, my first post over here and spotted reference to the Breezer design. Has anyone has built it at all? I'm interested in the K&T enclosure and filter design if anyone has it? I've asked K&T but they only supply it with the drivers, which I've already got.

My FA22RCZ drivers are built into the 60L Seas sealed enclosure. At present it's using the 0.82mH/6.8 Ohm filter, but I wouldn't mind more bass and less beaming? I might also try the Troels Gravesen light bulb idea in front of the whizzer?

My only past speaker building experience was a pair of little Zaph Audio 3" Tang Band FR near field monitors. They sounded great and I now regret selling them on. Off axis they could throw an excellent image.

thanks

Hi,

my experiences with the Seas FA22RCZ might be interesting for some of you as the "Breezer" project of the German Klang + Ton inspired me to build a similar "test enclosure". My aim is to develop an own design based on the experiences with this kind of enclosure. I recently posted some more information at my blog. If you like to read more about that project just follow these three links:

2A3 Maniac: Hochwirkungsgradlautsprecher: Offenes Gehäuse mit Seas FA22RCZ - der Bau
2A3 Maniac: Hochwirkungsgradlautsprecher: Offenes Gehäuse mit Seas FA22RCZ - der Klang
2A3 Maniac: Hochwirkungsgradlautsprecher: Offenes Gehäuse mit Seas FA22RCZ - Simulation

And here are some "appetizers"...:

08.jpg

mit+kabel.jpg

As far as I am concerned the google translation tool oftentimes really sucks (my blog is in German).
So if further information is required please do not hesitate to ask me...

Best regards,
Carsten