• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Roender'S FC-100 - Group Buy

Got my package today thank you.

Going through the bom now and thinking what the proper voltage rating should be for elec caps

1000uf and 10000 uf

Should this be 35v or better to have 40v

My guess is 10000 uf 40v
1000uf 35v

Thanks,
Oleg

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Andy, the parts cost would mainly depend on the parts that you are using.

My order on partsconnexion for instance without 10000uf caps is around 100usd for two channels.

With prp and takman resistors, elna caps.

It could be cheaper with different parts

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

PCB's and Transistors

So I would really like to build one of these amps if there are still transistors and amplifier boards available (so output transistors, C3423/A1360 pairs and two boards).

I was thinking about redesigning and having boards made to take MJL4281AG/MJL4302AG which have higher PD and breakdown voltages than the NJL pairs(much higher cut off current it seems). But after reading about the benefits of having all the transistors matched and possible compatibility problems of using subs I'm not sure about going this route.

If there are any board and transistor sets left I would be interested in buying them.