• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Roender'S FC-100 - Group Buy

Hello,

I have a question concerning the matching of the MJE transistors.
In Rudi's build guide it is mentioned that I can match the transistors witch a simple DMM, with exeption of the MJE transistors.
But I wanted to at least try it. The problem I'm facing now is that the MJE15034G transistors have a HFe of 300and the MJE15035G a HFE of just 10.
According to the datasheet both shoult have a HFe of about 100.

So what can I do to get them matched?

Last edited:
Hi Pinnocchio,

All are shipped except archidea1 on 1 st week of september. But returned to me by customs asking purchase details and submitted the same from suppliers. But now they are telling they want the purchase/payment details from the buyer not from the supplier.I sent 12-13 packets on that day including FC-100 parts packet and some parts I sold on swapmeet. Small packets they released. I declared only 15-20 USD to make customs clearence easier . Customs people ask documents when importing to evaluate the duty. I don't why these people are worrying when exporting. Monday I will go to customs office (about 90 km away from my place).if I am not able to solve the issue I will refund the full amount.please be patient for another few days.

Hi Pinnocchio,

All are shipped except archidea1 on 1 st week of september. But returned to me by customs asking purchase details and submitted the same from suppliers. But now they are telling they want the purchase/payment details from the buyer not from the supplier.I sent 12-13 packets on that day including FC-100 parts packet and some parts I sold on swapmeet. Small packets they released. I declared only 15-20 USD to make customs clearence easier . Customs people ask documents when importing to evaluate the duty. I don't why these people are worrying when exporting. Monday I will go to customs office (about 90 km away from my place).if I am not able to solve the issue I will refund the full amount.please be patient for another few days.

No problem!

Thanks for the refresh

Do

Yes, finally last week I got the material back from customs. I am able to convince them, This is a hobby, not much commercial thing. But they want to declare the full/actual value and invoice is to be attached. Hope within one or two days I can sort out all messy things.

Sorry for all the delay. Thank you verymuch for your understanding and patience

Best Regards
Joshvi

Tracking shows all packets left India. Hope all of you will get it within a week.

2sa1360/2sc3423 are tested and graded using simple transistor tester. But NJL devices are graded by measuring Vbe, Hfe and Vd. Selected the best possible combinations.
Vd is measured @ 2.2ma Id, siliconix CRD j508 is used as the current source. Measured Vd is between 460-500mv.

Vbe and Hfe are measured @ Ib 1.16 ma and Vce 23-24V. J505 CRD is used as constant current source for Ib. Hfe is not directly measured or calculated, Instead collector current is measured @ constant Ib an Vce.

So each NJL have three values written on it.

1 Vbe in mV , value between 600-650
2. Vd in mV, Value between 460-500
3. Hfe please note this is not exact value but relative.value is above 1000, which is measured in mV across 10 ohm resistor.if you like to know the Hfe you have to divide it by 11.6 ( Rc 10 ohm x Ib 1.16 mA).

I am used fluke 179 and 106 for measurement.

Added some extra pairs of 2sc3423/2sa1360.

Sorry for the delay .

Best Regards
Joshvi