• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Roender'S FC-100 - Group Buy

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Do,
They don't affect current flow until they open. There isn't any sane reason to omit your DC supply fuses.

This though might stem from ads depicting "audio fuses" that sound better. Now, if you put them in series with the speakers, they most definitely will adversely affect the sound quality. But that does not extend to the power supply.

-Chris

Hmmm.... I'm not getting more than +/-9.75Vdc on the output of this shunt... Input is 34Vac and after the rectifiers it is almost +/-44.5Vdc

I'm sure I double checked all values before soldering. Same issue on both shunts... This sounds like a bad value/part somewhere...

Gonna have to check this in the morning

Do

... Just realized I put the wrong zener value... I believe it should be a 36V Zener?

Last edited:
Hmmm.... I'm not getting more than +/-9.75Vdc on the output of this shunt... Input is 34Vac and after the rectifiers it is almost +/-44.5Vdc

I'm sure I double checked all values before soldering. Same issue on both shunts... This sounds like a bad value/part somewhere...

Gonna have to check this in the morning

Do

... Just realized I put the wrong zener value... I believe it should be a 36V Zener?

yes 36V Zeners. Look forward to your impressions.

We're talking about D7,D8 on the shunt board? If so I also made the same (ordering) error because of the package description.

BK

I have to agree with you on this. It says Z036 and after 7.5... I thought it meant a 7.5V Zener but in reality a 36V Zener. Would have been easy to just write Zener 36V instead. Anyways, not expensive but shipping is not cheap under 100$.

Do

Good news!

Got the first module powered up, adjusted and tested. Everything is working nicely and nice music is coming out! :D

Still have a few little things to work on but bias is set properly and very stable, DC offset is <1mV. Amplifier is totally silent when speaker load is installed, using my ears as instrument.

Do

Excellent! I'd better get moving on my build. Look forward to your listening impressions.

BK

Second module is up and playing music! Bass seems to be tight and fast, very well controlled. But this is just a test speaker for now.

Now I have to assemble everything in the test chassis and give it a full listening session before end of day Saturday because I'm bringing it to the DIY 2017 day in Montreal.

I just wished I had time to finish the DCG3 as well but... Not enough time

Ciao!
Do

Here's the latest picture, actually not latest since more cabling is done but updated picture was not taken.

Keep in mind that this is just a prototype chassis, not final by any means.

2017-04-20%2023.46.19_zpssm0r7yzz.jpg

Ciao!
Do