rockford fosgate BD1500 stopped working

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
as i have stated before.. could i only reconnect lets say.. the 2 black wires (leaving the 2 red wires disconnected) and see how much its pulling ? and do the opposite to see if its pulling... to determine on wich "side" + or - the current draw is ??
or will this blow something ...

what
a
dumb

I NOTICED how they were placed... the were "interlaced" if i may call it like this.. 6215 3415 6215 3415... its not like i didnt notice and did it randomly... and i FOUND A WAY... to install them backward... how stupid can i be...
this is so stupid... i want to shoot myself.. looking at the board right now.. i have
3415 6215 6215 3415 ... both 6215 are in the middle... IGFEOITOI#)TI@T)(IQ()EFI)SIQ#@) ...
can i have busted something ?

i was just measuring the output of the 2 MIC4420CT and the one on the left (U6)reads -9V when the protect led is on and +1.8V when the protect LED goes off.. and the right one (U10) reads -9V when protect LED on and -2.3V when protect LED off... is something busted or is it normal cause the twisted pairs are not connected??
anyways i will FIX MY STUPID MISTAKE...
it was so stupid... that is why it was hard to find...
props to you again !!

I know Sean... thats the worst part of it.. I noticed this before removal and even in my head i KNOW they are in batch of 4's and i still found a way to install them backward... thats why i am SO angry at myself...
ill reverse them and let you know

Perry can i solder back the big twisted pairs after the output FETs installed correctly or would it be better to measure some things before ??
the mic4420ct's outputs are reading weird..

pulling 2.30A on startup with the protect LED ON
pulling 3.20A when protect LED goes OFF

whats next..
confirm voltages on all of the gates?
checked voltage on the speaker terminal most of the time its 0V
1 or 2 times it went to somthing like -2.5V when connecting remote and +5v and slowly falling when removing the remote...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.