rockford fosgate BD1500 stopped working

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
it really doesnt looks like it is leaking... i see nothing at all that would look like leaking and the caps all looks mint ... the spots i am talking about are underneath the PCB on the solder side... like when an electric spark occurs.. them look like the ones i make when discharging the caps with my headlight.. but way more dark

Even if the MIC4420CT was blown I have never seen one cause these problems such as you are having, not saying it isnt possible but unlikely. It almost sounds like you have a shorted output(s). Run the test like Perry said alot of times by checking the resistance form gate to source you can tell if a fet is shorted. Especially if you have 1 with a really low number like 1.9, 2.4, etc etc.....

Maybe the rail caps being out are affecting your readings, if their fine you should re-install them and recheck the gate to source resistance on the output fets. I am sure Perry will chime in to steer you in the right direction soon, he is probably reading your zillion posts.....LOL

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.