rockford fosgate BD1500 stopped working

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
well... sound like **** from only one of the speakers so i guess i have one busted 12inch..
doesnt matter i have 2 in the car and the remaining thats work in the house will be a spare i guess :D
ill test them tomorrow in the car to see how it goes
if it sounds nice i will reassemble everything with thermal compound and give it a try for a while at about 50% volume max
and i will see whats next

DO you have an ipod with an 1/8th in to rca adapter? I have tested alot of amps with an ipod works great. I use a head unit currently but I dont know what you have available. A couple bd amps I have had with distortion has been the MIC4420CT, what exactly are you hearing as you describe as "nasty"?

seriously it sounds as if the cone of the speaker is loose... if i apply GENTLE pressure on it the sound goes away
and the other 12inch sounds perfect...
i guess the cone loose or un-glued
i dont think its the cable
i will unplug one input.. see if it plays fine on the good sub
and reverse it to see if its the amp or the speaker

There is a seller on ebay I have used several times who has tons of drop in recone kits, and guess what???? Hes located in Canada. He has alot of RFP3212 kits. You can get the CA glue on ebay from (teampsi) and recone it yourself. I have done several with great results......

oh yeah ? its a simple procedure ?
for now its not that needed cause i have 2 working in the car and this is my other 2's so its not that bad .. I had 4 of them in my cars before but now 2 is okay... not that much into DB DRAG and all those things... 2 is enough and 4 wont fit anyways in my honda's...
but if i need to fix that one i will get in touch with you for shure ... didnt know it was easy to repair.. its definitely the cone cause the speaker moves fine there is just that nasty cardboard sound ... i dont know how to explain it lol

no
they are 4ohm dual voice coil...
in each box i have 2 speakers and the 2 voice coils wired in series on each speakers (to make 8ohm) and both speaker are wired in parralel inside the box to make it 4ohm.. this way both RFP3212 makes 1600watts in 4ohm load and the amp produces 1500watts in 4ohm load and if i add the other 2 speaker in the other box (to have 4 of them) in parralel it goes to 2ohm load for 3200 watt total speakers.. and the amp produces 3000watt at 2ohm load

Last edited:
no
they are 4ohm dual voice coil...
in each box i have the 2 voice coils wired in series on each speakers (to make 8ohm) and both speaker are wired in parralel inside the box to make it 4ohm.. this way both RFP3212 makes 1600watts in 4ohm load and the amp produces 1500watts in 4ohm load and if i add the other 2 speaker in the other box (to have 4 of them) in parralel it goes to 2ohm load for 3200 watt total speakers.. and the amp produces 3000watt at 2ohm load

I know what these are I have several. RFP3212 are a dual 4 ohm voice coil sub. They are 400 watts rms and 800 peak. You dont want to run them at 800 watts or you will kill them they only have a 2.5" voice coil and cant handle the high power for long. You are running them in series for a 4 ohm load, both subs combined. Your amp puts out 1500 watts at 2 ohms. I have had birth sheets for bd1500 amps and the highest I have ever seen is 1800 watts at 2 ohms. They dont put out anywhere near 3000 watts, maybe at a MAX power rating into hard clipping, but not clean RMS power.

Perry
did you fell asleep :p
finally some good news and you are not here to taste it :D
after 28's damn pages... and all those busted parts.. it finally seems like it wants to work...
I am so anxious to try it tomorrow... car sounds dead without bass
thanks for you help gentleman's specially you Perry... I wish i could help you to return the favor... but the only thing i could help you are computers and performance cars... and computers i know you are good.. and i dont think you have a turbo/super charged vehicule that i could help you with LOL...
anyways you have skills and heart.. its really appreciated

I know what these are I have several. RFP3212 are a dual 4 ohm voice coil sub. They are 400 watts rms and 800 peak. You dont want to run them at 800 watts or you will kill them they only have a 2.5" voice coil and cant handle the high power for long. You are running them in series for a 4 ohm load, both subs combined. Your amp puts out 1500 watts at 2 ohms. I have had birth sheets for bd1500 amps and the highest I have ever seen is 1800 watts at 2 ohms. They dont put out anywhere near 3000 watts, maybe at a MAX power rating into hard clipping, but not clean RMS power.

no i dont overdrive them ... it doesnt make 2ohm load for only 2 subs... it makes 2ohm load for 4 speakers rated at 800watts each (800x4=3200) on a 3000watts amp... maybe i didnt explained it clearly...

1 have 2 of them in one box the total ohmage is 4ohm.. so it makes 1600watts peak at 4ohm and the amp produces 1500watts peak at 4ohm so this is perfect...
each voice coils are 4ohmm so i wire the 2 voice coils on each subs in series ... this makes each speakers 8ohm.... and 2 of those speakers per box... connected together in parrallel so the total load of each boxes are 4ohm for 2 speakers rated at 1600watts total... the amp produces 1500watts at 4ohm...
this is when i wire only 1 box ... when i wire the second box in parralel with the other one... it makes a total of 2ohm load and 3200watts (4 speakers of 800watts) and the amp produces 3000 watts at 2ohm load...
:drink:
i dont want to run 1ohm load ever in my life.. 2 is the lowest
i find this setup exactly perfect... the speakers are rated a little higher than the amp

by the way all of my watt ratings are peak not rms...
if you prefer rms
the amp is 750rms at 4ohm
and 1500rms at 2ohm
and the speakers 400rms each so two of them together at 4ohm load makes 800rms for the speakers on an amp that makes 750rms... and when i have 4 of them at 2 ohm they make 1600rms and the amp puts out 1500rms
:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.