Rockford Fosgate BD10001

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OOPS here they are!!!

Attachments

• BD10001 pin 6 of U5 and U8 001.jpg
    BD10001 pin 6 of U5 and U8 001.jpg
    940.9 KB · Views: 67
  • BD10001 pin 6 of U5 and U8 002.jpg
    BD10001 pin 6 of U5 and U8 002.jpg
    935.4 KB · Views: 59
I drove a 100HZ sine wave into the amp. The input at the RCA shield shows good wave form, and pin 7 on U4 shows good wave form and amplifies as volume is increased. Pin 1 of U4 hardly has a signal even at full volume it barely does anything. If I change scope settings I can get it to but its not clear makes a big haze over the screen of the scope but you can see the waveform.

Does this make sense to you, or did I explain it wrong?

You'll have to set the timebase to about 2ms. Set the vertical amp to 5v/div.

Are you sure the sine wave is 100Hz?

Those are the settings I am using. Yes the sine wave is the one you sent me in a link and I downloaded and burned to a disc. Its 100HZ for 300 seconds.

I have good signal on the input, and pin 7 of U4 but hardly anything happens on pin 1 of U4.

I tried all the switches I turned the cross over to 250Hz and I get a good signal on pin1 of U4. The buzzing only happens when you turn up the volume. It does not do it at an idle with or without a signal. The louder you turn the volume the louder the buzzing. Coming from somewhere right by the speaker terminal.

Use your meter to determine if the switches have too much resistance in either position. If they're OK, change U4 if you can't get a clean signal.

After you get a clean signal on pin 1 of U4, check for clean audio. If it's still badly distorted, replace U17.

I'm done for tonight. I'll check back when I get some free time tomorrow.

Changed both switches with new ones and replaced U4 with a new one.

Same problem with amp, does not produce clean audio and switching the switches makes the amp squeel through the speaker.

Amp still has a loud buzzing noise with signal to it at high volume.

I ordered 10 LM6171 today from allied, I can try changing that but I dont know what else to do. U17 is my next target when I get them in the mail.

Unless you can think of something else I could check in the mean time, but everything you had me check so far looked good, so I am not sure where to go next????

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.