• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

"Reference" TDA1541A DAC with I2S-BUS architecture

Surface Finish for future PCB´s

• ENIG - Electroless Nickle/Immersion Gold

Votes: 93 48.7%
  • Immersion Silver

Votes: 54 28.3%
  • Immersion Tin

Votes: 24 12.6%
  • OSP - Organic Solderability Preservatives

Votes: 20 10.5%

• Total voters
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello
Sorry i do not know so much about digital,,few question
shall i use the DEM chip when i will use DDdac spdif to i2s converter ??
what are the DEM chip for ??
is it ok to make the i-v resistor so high ,that i kan have 3v out ? (i use 6n2p Lampi for output ) i use now 75ohm for my pcm1794 --
Best Bjarne

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hello
Sorry i do not know so much about digital,,few question
shall i use the DEM chip when i will use DDdac spdif to i2s converter ??
what are the DEM chip for ??
is it ok to make the i-v resistor so high ,that i kan have 3v out ? (i use 6n2p Lampi for output ) i use now 75ohm for my pcm1794 --
Best Bjarne

I'd like to know as well.

To get the maximum performance use all new modifications: Free running DEM oscillator mod. & 3.3V I2S attenuator mod.

You will find all informations about this mods in -ecdesigns- thread.

If you use a tube I/V stage, you should do also the bandwidth limiting mod. The recommended R I/V value for one TDA1541A here is ~56R.

Best regards,
Oliver

:wave:

Hi Oliver,

Regarding the mod to put SMD caps across the TDA1541 outputs to reduce bandwidth for distortion reduction at the SRPP 6n2p tubes on Tubizator, can I ask your advice please?

My two TDA1541A boards are modified Mk1 boards, and are soldered together with output wires, i2s wires etc., so access to the output of the chips is impossible for me, or at least undesirable. Is there a way to solder an alternative SMD cap across the inputs of the Tubizator? What size would that be for a 2 chip dac please?

Thanks

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hi Oliver,

Regarding the mod to put SMD caps across the TDA1541 outputs to reduce bandwidth for distortion reduction at the SRPP 6n2p tubes on Tubizator, can I ask your advice please?

My two TDA1541A boards are modified Mk1 boards, and are soldered together with output wires, i2s wires etc., so access to the output of the chips is impossible for me, or at least undesirable. Is there a way to solder an alternative SMD cap across the inputs of the Tubizator? What size would that be for a 2 chip dac please?

Thanks

Hi Lucas,

John recommend to set the corner turnover frequency to 300...400 KHz. You could calculate the cap value with this online calculator.

If you have the recommended R I/V value of 28R (2x56R parallel) and could only solder two caps, than you should use a pair of 0.015µF SMD caps. Mouser Part No.: 667-ECH-U1H153GX5

These caps should be soldered as near as possible to the Pin 6 (AOR) & 5 and Pin 25 (AOL) and 5 of the TDA1541A, e.g. downside of one MK1 pcb.

hmm, looks like you don't add the caps in your reference psu.
But there are spots for 8 caps right by the diodes there. Is this where the .1uf wima caps go? (I got 16 of them).

Yes, that´s the place where you could solder these caps!

:wave:

Hello
Is the spif to i2s converter from DDdac ok to use with the Red Baron ??
or are there other way to go
best Bjarne

I would suggest to use Ian's Fifo buffer with its S/PDIF converter, so you can totally isolate the source.
I'm planning to use Ian's Fifo without the reclock board, running at 128fs (5.6448 MHz), avoiding any clock divider.
Ian's Fifo buffer provides 2 words of 64 bit each at 128fs (16 bit of music and 48 trailing zeros). The TDA1541 can run at 5.6448 MHz in NOS mode, discarding the trailing zeros.
In this way, one can provide the BCK directly to the DAC pin from the MCLK, minimizing jitter. The same MCLK is sent back to the Fifo buffer synchronizing the system, isolated from the source.
The only problem is to find an XO at 5.6448 MHz (I'm developing it myself).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.