• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

"Reference" TDA1541A DAC with I2S-BUS architecture

Surface Finish for future PCB´s

• ENIG - Electroless Nickle/Immersion Gold

Votes: 93 48.7%
  • Immersion Silver

Votes: 54 28.3%
  • Immersion Tin

Votes: 24 12.6%
  • OSP - Organic Solderability Preservatives

Votes: 20 10.5%

• Total voters
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Personal announcement

Well my friends it is time again to say thanks to all of you, who like and ordered my pcb´s.

Because i am no developer of electronic circuits but have the knowledge to design pcb´s,
i wanted to give something back to the community.

Since i started with my 1st pcb, the Optical-Volume-Control on 15th October 2009,
a small donation from every sold pcb goes to diyaudio.com

Today i am proud to say that your :grouphug: cumulated donation achieve

:worship: $ 3104 :worship:

Keep on having fun with my pcb´s and best regards

Oliver

Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
I bought over $200 worth of boards. I have received nothing. Don't buy from dv-projekt.

Dear Wright,

i will repeat here what i had written to you several times:

My shipping costs include international registered mail and nothing more. This is business standard like e.g. at ebay.

It's not my fault that yor parcel is lost and accept that if you want to be on the secure side of life, you must insure it.

Here in Germany Insurance cost money. I think in the US it's the same.

Anyone who ordered a big pack of pcb´s could ask for an insurance. You don´t. Did you really think you get an int. registered mail including an insurance for over 200 bucks for $9?

So if you don't want to pay for an separate insurance and save money, don't search the fault on my side if something happend to your parcel!

Paypal saw it exact the same way and decided in my favor.

Regards,
Oliver

Last edited by a moderator:
Stolen money

I paid the invoice you presented. You did not invoice for insurance. You made no mention of insurance in the invoice. I assumed insurance was included, otherwise why send the package registered mail. It makes no sense to require a signature (proof of delivery) unless it is required to avoid liability for an undelivered package. In other words, if neither you or the shipper can be held liable for the loss of the package then a signature is unnecessary.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Clarification

I assumed insurance was included, otherwise why send the package registered mail.

Dear Wright,

we have two total different things to distinguish. Why registered mail?

• Only here we get the possibility to track the parcel.
  • Only here it is possible to see who receive the parcel, because he or she must sign the delivery. This is important if the parcel is received in a company with e.g. a central post office.

This has nothing to do with an insurance of the parcel contents.

I understood that you are extremely angry but as i wrote before, it is international business standard that the risk of damage or lost during the shipment is on the recipient side.
Therefore the recipient could order a separate insurance if he like. That´s nothing new, so please don´t vent your anger on me and stop talking of "Stolen money"!

Regards,
Oliver

Registered mail.

Here is a paragraph taken from:
USPS - Frequently Asked Questions - Registered Mail? (Domestic)

Insurance coverage is included in the Registered Mail fee paid. You must declare the full value of the mailpiece when presenting it for mailing. Insurance is provided based on the declared value and on the value of the article as described in the following table (whichever is lower). The declared value of an item can be determined using the table below:

I am not a company. I am not familiar with the German postal system. But what is customary in one system may be customary in another. Perhaps since you registered the parcel, it may be insured as well. It would be better all around if you were to verify this fact.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Here is a paragraph taken from:
USPS - Frequently Asked Questions - Registered Mail? (Domestic)

Insurance coverage is included in the Registered Mail fee paid. You must declare the full value of the mailpiece when presenting it for mailing. Insurance is provided based on the declared value and on the value of the article as described in the following table (whichever is lower). The declared value of an item can be determined using the table below:

I am not a company. I am not familiar with the German postal system. But what is customary in one system may be customary in another. Perhaps since you registered the parcel, it may be insured as well. It would be better all around if you were to verify this fact.

Hello Dwight,

the German Postal system is the same as yours in the US.

If you send a First-Class Mail® International Large Envelope to Germany, with the extra service Registered Mail™ (fee: $12.95),

Registered Mail™ (International) is a service that allows you to register certain international mail for additional protection and security.
Features of this service include:

A mailing receipt is issued by office of mailing.
Registered Mail service provides the sender with a mailing receipt, and upon request, when available, electronic verification that an article was delivered, or that an attempt at delivery was made.
Registered Mail service is handled separately from all other mail, and records are kept by registry number.
In destination countries, Registered Mail items are handled according to their own internal procedures.
Return receipts may also be added. (Check for availability by Calculating Postage)
Padded envelopes are accepted for International Registered Mail items.

you have a maximum indemnity of $46.14 (30 SDR). Beyond that you have no possibility to extra insure the contents (witch is possible in Germany), so please look correct.

The investigation of the German Post is still running and i am waiting to the result. If your parcel is lost, i will get this amount of 30 SDR (actual $44.94) and will refund the money to your paypal account.

Regards,
Oliver

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Bargain Sale

Bargain Sale

Here you could order two of my ready build Red Baron DAC test module:

Main Parts

- PRP resistors
- Nichicon FPCAP R7 Series capacitors
- Cornell Dubilier SMD FCA Type 1µF caps on all active divider decoupling pins
- Ultra Highspeed SMD 74LVC1G02 for DEM-Reclocking

for the special price of

$55 each

including
Worldwide shipping and paypal fee

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

If you are interested, please send me a PM.

:wave:

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Bargain Sale

Bargain Sale

Here you could order my modified Teralink X2 USB to I2S converter
incl. the USB Isolator from Circuits@Home:

Modified Parts

- Tentlabs low jitter XO
- ~53% faster 74VHC125 buffer IC
- direct +3.3V input line (best usage with Salas 3.3V shunt reg.)
- ext. +5V input canceled (comes over the USB-Isolator downlink side)

The single stages of the modification, you could read HERE.

for the special price of

$129

including

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Bargain Sale

Here you could order two of my ready build Red Baron DAC test module:

Main Parts

- PRP resistors
- Nichicon FPCAP R7 Series capacitors
- Cornell Dubilier SMD FCA Type 1µF caps on all active divider decoupling pins
- Ultra Highspeed SMD 74LVC1G02 for DEM-Reclocking

for the special price of

$55 each

including

Both sold!

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
:cop:

May I draw all parties attention to the disclaimer which you will find at the top of the "group buys" forum. Please read it.

diyAudio - Announcements in Forum : Group Buys

It is the responsibility of both buyer and seller to be sure of the conditions of any contracts made, and what safeguards are in place should problems arise.

This forum is not the place to air such grievances and further discussion on this must be between the two parties concerned.

No further discussion on this will be entered into.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.