QUASI Amplifier for Beginners

Oops!… I Did It Again

I built the amplifier with two pairs of transistors and it works with +-40V DC. The Sound ist great.

Thanks apex, very nice for beginners (like me ;-)

Olaf

Attachments

• Quasi_Proto_Seite.jpg
    Quasi_Proto_Seite.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 1,098
I built the amplifier with two pairs of transistors and it works with +-40V DC. The Sound ist great.

Thanks apex, very nice for beginners (like me ;-)

Olaf
Hi olafk!
According to this schematic, where you worked?:confused:
Since the standard schematic error is ( take a look topic?!)
Such should be!!!
Cheers!;)

Attachments

• Schematic-1.jpg
    Schematic-1.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 1,026
Last edited:
hi Apex sir,
Currently using this amp with 5 pairs of 2n3773,supply 40-0-40 AC 1.5kv traffo,20,000mfd caps per side on 4 ohm load. sounds good to my ears even as full range amp but currently coupled with your 2x12 inch subwoofer enclosure in a three way system.
What output power i should expect from this ?

hi Apex sir,
Currently using this amp with 5 pairs of 2n3773,supply 40-0-40 AC 1.5kv traffo,20,000mfd caps per side on 4 ohm load. sounds good to my ears even as full range amp but currently coupled with your 2x12 inch subwoofer enclosure in a three way system.
What output power i should expect from this ?

250W on 4 ohm load with 40-0-40 AC, can you post pictures of your sub?

Very hot

Hi,

I built the amplifier (picture see post #663) with two pairs of 2N3773 and I use +-60V DC. Now the Transistors MJE350/340 become to hot. I can touch them for only 3-4 seconds and I think it is a bit critical.
Should I reduce the voltage (have regulated power supply) or are there any other things I can do? I changed the heatsink to a bigger version for TO220 like the MJE15030, but gave no better result.
Can anybody help me?

regards
Olaf

Hi,

I built the amplifier (picture see post #663) with two pairs of 2N3773 and I use +-60V DC. Now the Transistors MJE350/340 become to hot. I can touch them for only 3-4 seconds and I think it is a bit critical.
Should I reduce the voltage (have regulated power supply) or are there any other things I can do? I changed the heatsink to a bigger version for TO220 like the MJE15030, but gave no better result.
Can anybody help me?

regards
Olaf

Nice work, MJE340/350 work in class A and must be hot but use 100R resistor instead 56R around MJE340 and this will reduce current in VAS CCS and disipation on MJE340/350 also.
Can you share your pcb?
Regards

Last edited: