QUASI Amplifier for Beginners

"Neither ONsemi, nor Fairchild quote fT data in the MJE340 device datasheet.
Where did 15MHz to 60MHz come from? "

From National Semiconductor data for their raw die, they published a fT vs current graph. The highest speed came at a higher current than what the Vas would be comfortable with on high voltage rails. One could parallel them as I have seen in some designs.

"it possible to use tips or not "

The TIP 'C's are 100V parts, so the max voltage you can run must be no more than ±50V. TIP 'F's are 160V (if you can find them). However, they are only 3Mhz and you would probably need to change the frequency compensation of the amplifier.

Sir is a title of respect, and no one deserves it from the circumstance of birth (titles of nobility). People I work with and have earned my respect always receive a 'thank you sir' from me at work when they have done something for me.

Last edited:
"Neither ONsemi, nor Fairchild quote fT data in the MJE340 device datasheet.
Where did 15MHz to 60MHz come from? "

From National Semiconductor data for their raw die, they published a fT vs current graph. The highest speed came at a higher current than what the Vas would be comfortable with on high voltage rails. One could parallel them as I have seen in some designs.

"it possible to use tips or not "

The TIP 'C's are 100V parts, so the max voltage you can run must be no more than ±50V. TIP 'F's are 160V (if you can find them). However, they are only 3Mhz and you would probably need to change the frequency compensation of the amplifier.

Sir is a title of respect, and no one deserves it from the circumstance of birth (titles of nobility). People I work with and have earned my respect always receive a 'thank you sir' from me at work when they have done something for me.

Can you share this datasheet from National for the MJE's I'm really interested. I found one datasheet from National but there were no info of this kind.

Thanks!

@apex sir is it possible to use a PNP trannie to this P.A. and how pls enlighten me sir and i ask something else else is the feedback resistor of this AMP is 22k or 2.2k where can i find it the quality is good but to much med or i mean to much vocals what value of resistor di i change to become lesser meds/vocals

regards...

Attachments

• edited pics for 550.jpg
    edited pics for 550.jpg
    444.2 KB · Views: 1,111