Purpose of a feedback Capacitor (Ci)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Capturdasdsadasdasde.PNG
Capturdsadasddasde.PNG

Maybe my output should be at the voltage divider and not the output?

I hate bothering you but thank you once again for helping me as I have 2 more questions after this.

dsaddasdasd.png

What I meant was, without C11 the voltage divider falls apart meaning the VCC voltage no longer sees R3 R4 as the voltage divider network, but sees R3 R4 R2 and R1. So inputted C11 there and it fixes it however then I am worried about my LP and HP filters are no longer the right topology? if that makes sense and ontop of that how do you pick the C11 value?

Last edited:
Joined 2011
without C11 the voltage divider falls apart meaning the VCC voltage no longer sees R3 R4 as the voltage divider network, but sees R3 R4 R2 and R1. So inputted C11 there and it fixes it however then I am worried my LP and HP filters are no longer the right topology? if that makes sense and ontop of that how do you pick the C11 value?

A single supply amp requires an input coupling capacitor, because the amplifier input terminal is at a DC bias voltage. Use that same capacitor for the HP filter also. Short C1, it's not needed. R1 should be much larger, around 100k. C11 and R2 set the HP filter, f = 1/(2PI x R2 x C11).

Last edited:
There's no input DC bias current in R1, since the blocking capacitor C11 stops it. The amp input sees R2, R3, and R4 at DC. That amounts to 33k seen by the + amp input at DC.

I see what you mean, you're right sorry about that. I guess thats one benefit of single power supply.

and I guess with C3 at 20HZ R = 12512181.0607 which is for sure not a short and at 20KHz R = 12512.1811 which isnt a short as well, so i guess we are good?

Side note thing again: So R8 and C3 are forming the Low Pass and C11 and R2 are forming the High Pass? even though R2 is then connected to a cap and another resistor?

1.My Three questions are is that R2 essentially there just to form the High pass filter?

2. How do you design the cap for c7 (Pick the value)

3. When this person was designing the low pass filter in the NFB he made the Fc lower than the input LP filter, is he then making the NFB LP filter the dominate pole in his circuit?

sdasddasd.PNG

Yes, that's right. The C7 is very low impedance at signal frequencies
and doesn't have much effect on the HP filter

R2 is mainly for a reasonable input impedance for the circuit, Otherwise C7 would short the + amp input to ground at signal frequencies. Also R2 is used as part of the HP filter.

C7 should be much larger than C11, perhaps ten times.

Usually the output blocking capacitor C6 will set the dominant pole, if only for economic reasons.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.