Project:OPTIMUM SHORT CIRCUIT PROTECTION IN MOSFET AMPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably nothing but it was intersting to see products from India. They look a bit different.

In economic magazine, they predict that the stuff in the world in the next decades will not be dominate by USA/European countries, but they will come from BRIC countries (Brazil, Russia, India, China). This is likey to happen, like it or not. Some countries have been confused with cheap stuff from China. But not worry so much, because their quality is now poor. Imagine when they have better qualities, how more confusion for domestic production.

They are in the early Japan years (when everybody is talking bad about their products). But few decades from now, they will be new current Japan (with far more large capacity with marvelous quality).

Ampman,

Why dont you draw cct of your idea? Or improvement step by step, according to everybody's suggestion. Reading your concept and everybody's comment here is like reading in the dark.

One more thing that I would like to "get a picture":D
You use word "Workhorse" and Sivan_and use word "Bulletproof". Both are associated with very rough and hard working conditions. How do you use audio amps? Do your customers don't read your user manuals so the designer has to design something that is not broken by shorting the output by a wrench? Or amp that is not broken while the output is connected to 220VAC?

lumanauw said:

Ampman,

Why dont you draw cct of your idea? Or improvement step by step, according to everybody's suggestion. Reading your concept and everybody's comment here is like reading in the dark.

One more thing that I would like to "get a picture":D
You use word "Workhorse" and Sivan_and use word "Bulletproof". Both are associated with very rough and hard working conditions. How do you use audio amps? Do your customers don't read your user manuals so the designer has to design something that is not broken by shorting the output by a wrench? Or amp that is not broken while the output is connected to 220VAC?

Hi LumanauW,

Please Clarify the statement.

Regards,
ampman

Hi, Ampman,

Have you come up with cct of protection with everybody's input suggestion?
I read that Crown BCA has this kind of protection, it can be shorted (0 ohm, they demo it by connecting the amp not to a spekaker, but to a steel wrench) without damaging the amp. The amp itself is 1000's of watts, so it is harder to built than protection for small rating. This is really good, but I haven't see the protection cct. Maybe your idea is something like it, so it is very interesting.

Here, every TV station play India movie everyday (wow, Bollywood make more than 10 movie films/day?):D . in every film, majority has singing and dancing, so music life is a "daily use". The market for audio amp must be very big there.
I wonder what makes an audio amp sells in your country. Does big rating and ruggedness is no.1 for customer to pick an amp? It's kind of different for different country, maybe in Denmark, they choose "natural sound" for the first consideration.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
amp_man_1 said:

Jan these type of comments were not expected from you.

our website is under construction, to verify it just look for www.workhorsetechnologiesindia.com in WHOIS database registration of our domain name at www.register.com simply check out and truth will be displayed at front of your eyes.

Your previous web site turned out not to be registered at all, this was 6 months ago. Now you have one under construction.

.... so you currently have no products in the market, then?

Jan Didden

lumanauw said:
Some countries have been confused with cheap stuff from China. But not worry so much, because their quality is now poor. Imagine when they have better qualities, how more confusion for domestic production.

Vincent products already have established themselves.
The SP991 power amplifier is worth every penny, delivers 5 amps in class A, 300 max.
Up till a couple of months ago, someone living 5 miles from me employed 12 of these for his home theatre, i just missed out on a bargain. Those who bought some of Nick Lanting's babies are surely smiling as we post.
Their tube line is just as tempting.
I am sure we'll see more companies trading high quality with a "domestic" name in the near future.

janneman said:

Your previous web site turned out not to be registered at all, this was 6 months ago. Now you have one under construction.

.... so you currently have no products in the market, then?

Jan Didden

hi Jan,

We are established in India since 2001 and our products are also in market from 2001 to TILL Now.

regards
Kanwar

Hi everybody,

This is the outcome of the discussion held.

Some maths involved in determining the Trip Current.:

I trip = (Vbe/Rsense) X ( (Ra + Rb) / Rb )

This circuit is tested well and has a mute time of about 10 Seconds repititive.

Regards,

Kanwar

Attachments

• oscpfma.jpg
    oscpfma.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 403
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Re: Reply

Workhorse said:
Hi everybody,

This is the outcome of the discussion held.

Some maths involved in determining the Trip Current.:

I trip = (Vbe/Rsense) X ( (Ra + Rb) / Rb )

This circuit is tested well and has a mute time of about 10 Seconds repititive.

Regards,

Kanwar

Kanwar,

Firstly, happy New year of course.

Secondly, there seem to be some values missing in the diagram, like for Rsense, Ra, Rb, Cnf? Or are these secret??

Jan Didden

Re: Re: reply

janneman said:

Kanwar,

Firstly, happy New year of course.

Secondly, there seem to be some values missing in the diagram, like for Rsense, Ra, Rb, Cnf? Or are these secret??

Jan Didden

hi Jan Happy New year !

There are no secrets indeed . the values are simple to calculate . For a 250 Watt RMS amp Peak current in 4 ohms load is 11A plus a margin of 5-9 amperes is added to get 18A peak and thus the rsense = 0.05ohms 5W
Ra=470 ohms,
Rb = 560 ohms
janneman said:

OK, so if I would like to buy one of your Workhorses, where would I find a dealer? Prices, specs, brochures, pictures?

Jan Didden

Currently we have our dealers in India only, but we are negotiating with foriegn parties for our abroad dealership.
For specs,Pictures etc that will be made available on our website in a short while. If you want to buy then simply email us and we will forward your request and describe us of your needs and then a full procedure is made to go. We can ship you any of our model+ catalogue , if you insist.
regards
kanwar

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Re: Re: Re: reply

Workhorse said:
[snip]Currently we have our dealers in India only, but we are negotiating with foriegn parties for our abroad dealership.
For specs,Pictures etc that will be made available on our website in a short while. If you want to buy then simply email us and we will forward your request and describe us of your needs and then a full procedure is made to go. We can ship you any of our model+ catalogue , if you insist.
regards
kanwar

Thanks, and Cnf would be what, about 6nF?

It's a funny circuit, I hope this is not what you have in your production models? I mean driving a small-signal transistor with a BD139? That LED is also intriguing, as it is clear that it will under no circumstance light up. BTW, your trip point is more like 22 Amps than 18 Amps, but that's OK I guess, your meter may have been off calibration.

As i said, an intriguing circuit, especially as it is as you said "tested well" or something....

Yes I would be very curious to your catalog.

Jan Didden

Re: Re: Re: Re: reply

janneman said:

Thanks, and Cnf would be what, about 6nF?

It's a funny circuit, I hope this is not what you have in your production models? I mean driving a small-signal transistor with a BD139? That LED is also intriguing, as it is clear that it will under no circumstance light up. BTW, your trip point is more like 22 Amps than 18 Amps, but that's OK I guess, your meter may have been off calibration.

As i said, an intriguing circuit, especially as it is as you said "tested well" or something....

Yes I would be very curious to your catalog.

Jan Didden

Hi Jan,

How would you say that it is a funny circuit, it is tested well and in every aspect. The Led glows when there is a short circuit occurs. The small circuit transistor driving the BD139 was set as an option if someone wants to use a RELAY instead of Mute Transistor. Thats all.

regards
kanwar

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: reply

Workhorse said:

Hi Jan,

How would you say that it is a funny circuit, it is tested well and in every aspect. The Led glows when there is a short circuit occurs. [snip]regards
kanwar

No it will not. The voltage across the series connection of the LED and the diode is limited to .65V or something by the transistor. The LED will never glow.

Jan Didden

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: reply

janneman said:

No it will not. The voltage across the series connection of the LED and the diode is limited to .65V or something by the transistor. The LED will never glow.

Jan Didden

hi Jan ,
There was mistake in my Schematic. I forget to add a resistor of Value 680 Ohms in the base of Transistor in the previous picture. ThanX for remiding me

Regards,
kanwar

Attachments

• assa.jpg
    assa.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 290
Status
Not open for further replies.