• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Potential EUVL F5X designed case user distribution check

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
> So we don't have to worry about Fischer SK 88-125!

No, and SK88-125 won't do, because the regulator board is 134 long.
So you need to get 134 exact (will cost you at Fischer), or cut to length from 150 yourselves.
Cutting to length along will cost you 5~10 Euros per cut in Germany !!

Patrick
Thanks for the update & info!

When mentioning the SK 88-125, I had this post in mind.

> Who do we pay for the regulator heatsinks?
> Do they come with the chassis/case?

Yes, they come with the case parts.

John will collect money for the case and regulator heatsinks later, and then bank transfer to Mark Lai, who will pay for the parts in cash.

Please wait for instructions next week.

Patrick

Yes, the regulator heat sinks were originally not included, but we found a local source in HK which was very good price, so we went ahead and bought 50 pieces to offer to you at the same price (6 Euros). However, they might need machining from 150 to 134mm. But it should not cost much extra. I estimate max 10 Euros per piece including machining, tapping and re-anodising afterwards, but shall confirm next week.

It is optional, so you are not compelled to order. But we doubt you'll get it at a better price with all machining and re-anodising.

Patrick

That is excellent news Patrick. Having the heatsink cut to the proper length and drilled/tapped will be well worth the additional cost!

Regarding the power connector for the case, I think I would still prefer and standard IEC. If the majority of the GB participants would prefer the Powercon style connector, than works for me too.

Hi John,
A remark on the European VAT:

This tax will be determined when the goods pass customs into the European Union. It is not yet clear, in which country smyslow will pick up the sinks, it will be either Austria or Germany.

So, the VAT will be either 19% (if the sinks are picked up in Germany) or 20% (if picked up in Austria).
The country of the final destination will not be considered; it's the entry point into the EU that matters.

Thanks for pointing this out, heinz1.

The heatsinks and cases for Europe have to be sent to Austria because this is the place where I'm living at the moment. So the VAT will be 20%.

But if it makes sense, i.e. the shipping costs are lower, I also can ship the parcels with cases and heatsinks to the European GB members from Germany.

Yes, the regulator heat sinks were originally not included, but we found a local source in HK which was very good price, so we went ahead and bought 50 pieces to offer to you at the same price (6 Euros). However, they might need machining from 150 to 134mm. But it should not cost much extra. I estimate max 10 Euros per piece including machining, tapping and re-anodising afterwards, but shall confirm next week.

Patrick

Really good news. Thanks a lot Patrick!

> what's with this one?
> http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/8684.pdf
> (KM without shield)

Thanks Uwe.

Attached is a screen dump of the rear end of the case.
Light blue is the Cradle on which the main transformers (in light purple) sit.
Red are the output speaker terminals and cabling route.
Pink is the outrigger for the regulator heatsinks in grey, but they are way above.
So are the wiring to and from the regulators.
The IEC is the rectangular blockin the middle of the picture in beige.

There is a 10mm gap between the back of the IEC and the transfirmer.
So a bit tight, but not impossible.

There is another 5mm or so more space when using the PowerCon.

Patrick

Attachments

• IEC.jpg
    IEC.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 197
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.